Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Command  (Read 665 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Star Command
« on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:35 pm »

Star Command

Welcome to Star Command, a turn-based starship combat game. Each player will command a single large starship or several smaller ones as part of a team.

For an overview of the game, please check the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For now however, all I need from potential players is the type of ship(s) you wish to command. Do you want several small ships, a couple of medium ships, or one large ship? Do you want a balanced set of weapons, or predominantly one type?

---

This game is heavily based off of the board game Starfire, and is adapted for forum play plus a few changes that I feel are appropriate.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Command
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:49 am »

Any chance for a carrier type of starship with a squadron of fighters? Carrier itself doesn't need to have guns.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:27:54 am »

I do have rules for carriers, although I was going to hold off on introducing them because they make things marginally more complicated. If you're happy with that though, I won't stop you from choosing one.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:54 am »

I would like to assume control of a single medium size ship with missile launchers and coil guns being the predominant weapon platforms.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.