Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Conditions for Lack of Migrants? Any unusual experience that you've had?  (Read 772 times)

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm stuck in an odd situation where I've been getting no migrants/caravans/liaison visits for some years without the usual suspects (civilization is not dead, the original monarch is still alive, I'm not under siege, and my monarch is not an outlaw in a camp.  It is possible that too much of my civ has been conquered--legends viewer indicates several fortresseses fell roughly the time they stopped showing up, but the Mountainhome is still alive, so that can't be it--I don't think.)  Curious what strange reasons you've run into where the migration dried up.  This is the second weird migration stoppage for me--already mentioned the other experience I had, where my new monarch was a kidnappee formerly of a goblin civilization then of a bandit camp (so no Moutainhome at all in that case.) 

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Conditions for Lack of Migrants? Any unusual experience that you've had?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:50:30 pm »

There's a lot of debug going on in that thread; specifically this post and the 'dismissmerchants' script cleared up the issue for me.  You'll need DFHack, and to copy that text into a lua script file.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.