Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chain of crashes  (Read 968 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Chain of crashes
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:02:19 pm »

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"

Here's my errorlog
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chain of crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »

not enough info. 

those script errors are known.  are you having a particular issue occuring?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chain of crashes
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:42:48 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess.  Since the post says chain of crashes....  It's either this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/quote]So I have this problem too, but the fix suggested by putnam (resize or fullscreen the window) doesn't fix it. I also don't have an AMD card. Any suggestions?
[/quote]
I answered Szarrukin too.  Putnum's answer was for AMD cards with play.tv installed.  If it didn't work its because your most likely on another type of system being affected conversely currently.  The following answer works for all the rest:

You are probably playing with tileset set to Meph - 32 x 32.  Which means your using a lot of memory for graphics and just from the image or the fact that just about every error is occurring prior to embark I am betting you don't have graphics card(your gpu is integrated on the board) or you have a graphics card from before 2012(you have less then 1 GB of ram on that card).  So you don't have a separate ram(or enough separate ram) for the GPU and graphics, its all being used from the standard system RAM allotted to the program. 

Option 1:  Either reduce the load by choosing smaller tilesets, one of the 16x16 or smaller; or

Option 2:  Utilize LAA utility (Large Address Access) to increase the size of memory access to the Dwarf Fortress program.  you can find it in the utilities folder you can open from the menu in Dwarf Fortress and its rather easy to set up, it increases the ram allowed to your program.

The issue is that the beautiful Meph tileset is really for high-end systems running high-end graphic cards(systems running 4K or ‘ultra-HD’, dimensions of 3840 x 2160), its way too much for many older graphics cards and integrated GPU systems (which includes 95% of laptops and any desktop without a graphics card).  Without LAA, its unplayable in its current form on these systems. 

Personally I like LAA anyway because I get better FPS even with the smaller graphic sets and have less crashes all around when things such as invasions and traders occur.  Its rather nice boost for these systems(which includes all the laptops and desktops in my home as I don't usually play high end games) and I wish I had known about it years ago.  My laptop that I generally play on, integrated GPU, resolution 1600x900, its not even 1080p capable, its just running a modified 720p compliant chipset stretched to fit the resolution.  But what do you expect from a system that is 5 years old and originally designed to be a internet streamer, emailer, and basic dvd player lol... its ready to die any day now with the stress I put on it.

[/spoiler]

or its some other known bug, but your errorlog isn't going to give you the answer.   That's just a list of RAW script errors that is generated as they come up, DF is very good at bypassing RAW script errors.  I can make farther guesses but without actual information on what is actually going on when you crash, or if its an already open and running embark site a game save so one can check for known bugs (there's so many the list would take a day to write, but really an hour to look for).
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal