Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make a creature explode on death?  (Read 697 times)

MrOrangeHorseman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make a creature explode on death?
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:07:21 am »

So I'm trying to mod in an extremely !!fun!! creature. I'm trying to make it explode into a ball of fire upon dying, like Forgotten Beasts that are made of fire. How do I do this?
I added lice to hobbit feet last night.
Due to a modding error, I once got sieged by an army of toads lead by a pyromancer. Not toadmen, not giant toads, but toads. The kind cats murder.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a creature explode on death?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:44:15 pm »

You could try making a creature that uses the BASIC_1PARTBODY_THOUGHT body, make it have a thin layer of skin, and fill it with a gaseous material that has a lower melting point, but higher natural temperture. If I'm right, when skin layer is poked through, it'll then die and burst out with a small cloud fire. Make sure it's completely immune to fire, or it will combust without anyone poking it.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 12:12:43 am »

You could also give it an ITEMCORPSE made of a material that immediately sublimates into burning gas.

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
  • One man's past is another man's weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 04:28:00 pm »

off-topic but didn't feel like making a thread about it, is there a way to make an inorganic material behave like acid? I was trying to make an acid spitting creature but it wasn't coming out quite as I wanted.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »

off-topic but didn't feel like making a thread about it, is there a way to make an inorganic material behave like acid? I was trying to make an acid spitting creature but it wasn't coming out quite as I wanted.

The closest you can get to acid is make a liquid substance that, upon contact, induces bleeding, blistering, bruising, pain and necrosis.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2