Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meph tileset crashes  (Read 2257 times)

levonhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Meph tileset crashes
« on: December 25, 2016, 10:00:53 am »

Hi, I have a problem with the tileset, when i start a new game using the Meph tileset it crashes to desktop just before i embark, and when i load a savegame having Meph tileset selected it ctd. I tried with Ironhand and phoebus and it loads. What is the problem with the new(awesome) tileset that crashes df and how can i fix it? Adventure mode works quite well.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:32:41 am by levonhard »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meph tileset crashes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:22 am »

Have you tried to use Large Address Access utility?  It seems to correct most people's issues with Meph's new tileset.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162031.0

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 10:50:39 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

levonhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meph tileset crashes
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:52:39 am »

Well, i set my df.exe to open with the gpu, used LAA on it, used Ironhand tp, and it worked. Then i tried again using Meph's tp, and it worked. Thanks for the suggestions. I had no idea that graphics card mattered so much, was using integrated up until now. Thank you once again and a happy new year!