Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)  (Read 11795 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

SERIOUSLY?! The ONLY reason people had stopped posting in the IC was that there was no direction for anyone to go. A SINGLE character coming into the game could've been enough to get plot rolling! You said it yourself, didn't you? Something about one character looking for a rare card, right? I would've been GLAD to do that, had I not been told to wait for Blitz's character. I know this may be the sunken cost of those hours spent researching Yu-Gi-Oh and building a deck, but we are just SO close to a great game that I won't give up just yet!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »

SERIOUSLY?! The ONLY reason people had stopped posting in the IC was that there was no direction for anyone to go. A SINGLE character coming into the game could've been enough to get plot rolling! You said it yourself, didn't you? Something about one character looking for a rare card, right? I would've been GLAD to do that, had I not been told to wait for Blitz's character. I know this may be the sunken cost of those hours spent researching Yu-Gi-Oh and building a deck, but we are just SO close to a great game that I won't give up just yet!
I, uh, I was supposed to do that.

's just that roughly around the time Zan told me to get the ball rolling was also when school decided to stop playing softball, start throwing assignments at everyone, so I've been pretty much swamped with assignments for the past week or two.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2017, 02:59:23 pm »

Zan, I'm sure I can start the plot off independently. Just let me enter the card shop, and I can take it from there. The others players might be able to follow me briefly but that's all we'd need to get the motive necessary for the game to go on. Trust me.

...and I'm allready on the stage of Bargaining.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »

I spoke before that I had underestimated how much school work I would be getting, and it is only growing as other classes are hitting their stride.  I do not have time in my life to run to run an RP and do well in school.  I am sorry, but running this is nowhere near as important as my classes.

Zan, I'm sure I can start the plot off independently. Just let me enter the card shop, and I can take it from there. The others players might be able to follow me briefly but that's all we'd need to get the motive necessary for the game to go on. Trust me.

...and I'm allready on the stage of Bargaining.

The plot I had for this is already having its elements cannibalized for use in the suggestion game.  What is left isn't really enough to make a plot around.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »

..ok..

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]