Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with itens not owned by the fortress.  (Read 676 times)

aralkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problem with itens not owned by the fortress.
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

Some items I produced, including some armor pieces and weapons, are not owned by the fortress anymore (maybe because I retired the fortress to take a look at legends mode).

I don't know how to reclaim them. The mail armors, for exemple, can't be equiped. They don't show up in the specific armor menu. All Items are between parenteses  (item_name) when viewed with 'k', exept these items i can't use.
Anyone knows how to deal with it?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:18:53 pm by aralkis »

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with itens not owned by the fortress.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

Select them and unforbid them?

It's possible they've become "owned" by some dorf or other, though, and I'm not sure what to do about that. I've got a few owned xxsockxxs and xxtrousersxx messing up the tavern at the moment. Waiting for their owners to do something about them.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

aralkis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »

They are not forbiden. So its no use to toogle reclaim/forbid.

Maybe they are owned by other dwarves, but no one in the military can equip them. How do I now if it is owned by other dwarf?

[EDIT:] Apperantly solved. After I designated the stock pile and the dwarves moved the items from one place to a another, the itens are now usable and the dwarves are equiping them. Damn, right after I asked for help I found the solution for my self. I had been tring for quite sometime!
[EDIT2] Nope, its a proplem with stockpiles. Some stockpiles makes my dwarves not able to use its itens
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:13:42 pm by aralkis »

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »

All Items are between parenteses  (item_name) when viewed with 'k', exept these items i can't use.
When an item is in parentheses, (), that just means it was not produced by your guys. So when you look at a fortress embark's iron anvil it will be (iron anvil).
The mail armors, for exemple, can't be equiped. They don't show up in the specific armor menu.
When you are in the military screen and trying to assign specific equipment to a dwarf, the item should be visible to be assigned even if another dwarf is currently hauling it to a bin or stockpile, but it will not be listed if it is currently marked for Dump, Melt, or Forbidden. If another dwarf has claimed it for their uniform, then it will be listed in red.

Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 11:26:09 pm »

[EDIT2] Nope, its a proplem with stockpiles. Some stockpiles makes my dwarves not able to use its itens

Yep.  I recently noticed this as well.  It seems to be a bug with retiring and unretiring.  I *think* the problem is that items get moved around in the retire/unretire process and they are marked as unavailable.  They may even be sitting in the stockpile, which makes it very difficult to see.  As soon as they are moved, then they become available again.  I think the easiest way to fix this is to make a new temporary stockpile for the item, wait for it to be moved and then remove the temporary stockpile again.  I have noticed that items that are unavailable this way also can't be dumped, which is really annoying...  Having said all that, I have a pile of 40 or so plum pits that refuse to be shifted no matter what I do, so it's possible that there are some items you won't recover.

I'm hoping that some of these retire/unretire bugs will be fixed as more people discover how much fun it is to do it.  It's unfortunate that it is a complete PITA at the moment.