Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awakened Stone Ghosts  (Read 978 times)

Gandalf the Fuchsia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Awakened Stone Ghosts
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:25:53 am »

First post on the forum, and it's a bit of a strange one. You see, I turned on The Earth Strikes Back! and I've been noticing something strange happening with the awakened stones and wyrms. They pop up and promptly catch a pick to the head, and don't make it much further than that. The atypical part of this is that they still get in my fortress as ghosts. I've had multiple forts before on several versions of this mod, and that has never happened. I also tried playing with just The Earth Strikes Back!, and didn't get that same problem. I can also assign them rooms, but they always go berserk, melancholic, or mad. Any ideas on how to stop this? I'd just ignore it, but some of them are howling and moaning spirits on account of the melancholy and madness.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awakened Stone Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »

Interesting.. Question do you also run the spirits from underneath or something like that.  Hungry spirits I think.  It's the mod where ghosts are created from the dead... I've not used it in a while, but it's supposed to make spirits from any mob killed on the map... that's the only mod I can think of that might be turning them into howling ghosts...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Gandalf the Fuchsia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 05:51:16 pm »

Oh, no. I always make sure that mod is off before I start up the game. It also seems to be only the awakened stones as well. Countless cave brutes and drunians have died under my fort, but the only ghosts are dead boulders.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 09:15:33 pm »

Hmm interesting... that's a new oddity... I don't play with either mod.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal