Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It keeps crashing when I try to start dwarf mode  (Read 1340 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
It keeps crashing when I try to start dwarf mode
« on: October 27, 2016, 07:20:10 pm »

Title says it all
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:59:09 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: It keeps crashing when I try to start dwarf mode
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »

No, it does not.  ;)

Which version, which os, which tileset, dfhack/twbt on/off, and did you change any settings in the GUI, is there an errorlog...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 08:22:45 pm »

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region4/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region4/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"

THats my errorlog. I'm using the most recent version, Dfhack on. default tileset, and I changed a few settings, as in putting all the random creatures on.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:43 pm »

I'm crashing on embark, too. Here's my error log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update: It's only happening when I try to set up in an evil biome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:34:26 pm by CaptainGame »

CaptainGame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 04:09:18 pm »

-deleted-

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »

Just to note, same issue since starting the new version of MW. I gave up playing due to this crash, and I always embarked in Evil as well - varying biomes, varying weather (symptoms, 'type' of weather - cloud or rain, etc) - nothing similar in biome, embark, or evil effects.

Only notable thing is I turn on the various new 'extra' gen monsters and such. But I do not crash as they spawn or such - I can save just fine... then when I try to load that save, it crashes ad-infinit with 0% success at recovering after save 1. I've been stumped what is causing it, after adjusting every setting I can and have tried in every weekly update to date with no change.

But if they agree Evil biome is the issue - that's a good point, as I ALWAYS embark in evil.

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 09:17:17 am »

Same. It is annoying. I tried all kinds of things and even world gen crashes so many times for me.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 07:25:09 pm »

So! has this been fixed, and if not - even acknowledged as an issue screwing over many players and needing to be fixed? (not to sound snotty).

I haven't tried the newest update, but have seen no mention of it being touched?

I'm quite glad to help try and QA test what might be causing it, and narrowing it down to aid in fixing it, but yes. Need a proper response before I waste all that effort and frustration.