Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode- Is it possible to add a "need" for clothes?  (Read 1096 times)

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode- Is it possible to add a "need" for clothes?
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »

Hi, recently I had rolled up a demigod hammerwoman with super strength and endurance who is two times the size of a human (the catch being I was trying to rp a "gentle giant". It's quite amusing to be able to carry around 9-10 war hammers/maces, a completely full barrel for sustenance, several dozen other items, and if I really needed to a good number of full-sized adult bodies all without taking a hit to speed).

I was having quite fun, actually, right up until I realized I had been wearing literally just a backpack and socks, one tattered.
Kinda broke my immersion, but I guess it was meant to be up to the player to catch such a big blunder, but considering I went a good few hours without even knowing it, it just seemed kinda silly that I wouldn't notice such a thing.

It got me thinking, is there a way to add some sort of debuff, social or otherwise, to being nude (or more realistically, just for being bottomless)?

If not, that's fine, but is it at least possible to have NPC's detect such a thing, and maybe have a small cache of lines to say, and/or being seen with NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE?

If it is possible, I'm not asking anyone to write out the code for me (though you are welcome to) I just need someone to get me on the right track.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:40:47 pm by malistaticy »
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode- Is it possible to add a "need" for clothes?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:59:13 am »

NPCs in fortress mode get upset if they aren't wearing anything on their lower bodies, I think.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:49:51 am »

NPCs in fortress mode get upset if they aren't wearing anything on their lower bodies, I think.

Well, of course, but I'm trying to get them to dislike others being undressed

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:52:59 pm »

Although this seems like a simple task on the surface, I think this would require extremely advanced DF Hack wizardry. This isn't something that can be done just changing a few raws.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

Although this seems like a simple task on the surface, I think this would require extremely advanced DF Hack wizardry. This isn't something that can be done just changing a few raws.
Yes, someone in this thread broke the news for me http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110027.2205