Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Minecraft: Civcraft  (Read 12695 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Civcraft
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 06:10:07 am »

I'm trying to get some Civcraft server mods running but I keep doing stupid things like compiling the wrong bits. 
Anyway, I'm with Kaiserin again, we've setup in the swamp biome, hoping to get into the cave though.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2016, 06:56:16 am »

I'm settling in (eventually, once I remember to set my spawn and stop dying) with the chan guys over in the spooky forest.

I'm trying to get some Civcraft server mods running but I keep doing stupid things like compiling the wrong bits.
A Bay12 civcraft thing might be kinda interesting, although based on our other servers interest tends to die out semi-rapidly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2016, 11:13:07 am »

Ohai.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2016, 04:50:28 pm »

Civcraft is officially dead. 3.0 was a disaster (basically a grind fest, unfun, everyone left).
I'd suggest if you make anything make it on the server everyone went to which is Devoted.
The address is play.devotedmc.com
Devoted has evolved into what 2.0 was except more fun.
Adam Sandler.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »

I started playing on Devoted. Joined a group called Wawa. They seem active and nice. Except for this one tree nymph who burned my farm, while proclaiming that she was the only one allowed to farm in that region...but other than that totally nice.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »

You know what, why not?  I looked at a map that's floating around, and spotted a neat little spot around -3660, 575 that could work.  For those who think that isn't far enough, map's only goes into the positives and negatives by 5k...

Civcraft is officially dead. 3.0 was a disaster (basically a grind fest, unfun, everyone left).

Out of curiousity, how is it you are certain that is the cause rather than it being the school year?

Edit: If we're doing this, may want to move over here, since the this thread's creator hasn't been on since August.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:07:09 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 10:52:18 pm »

No it's the cause, school has nothing to do with it honestly. TTK and the other admins are awful and Civcraft 3.0 is plain boring.
The only people left are the 15 Aegis people and the 15 Veria people. Good riddance I say.

EDIT:
OH I forgot, Devoted has brewing too. Taverns are a thing now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:22:26 pm by Bob_Namg »
Adam Sandler.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2016, 12:41:49 pm »

Apparently some other Civcraft server recently shut down and a ton of people moved to Devoted. Since then, my home has been raided 5 times in the last two days. I think I'm done with this server.

Aside from the annoying pvp components, I don't much care for the lack of meaningful progression. The factories have had their recipes cropped down so that only a few items can be produced, and none of them feel worthwhile. The mineral-generation makes full diamond gear impractical, so once I got up to iron there was basically nothing left to do except build pretty structures that will only be griefed within hours.

Still, playing Minecraft again felt good. I'd love to find another server that is more focused on buildings things up rather than tearing them down.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 05:08:37 pm »

Ran a shill thread on /tg/ saturday afternoon and it is somehow still going. What a time to be alive.
Apparently some other Civcraft server recently shut down and a ton of people moved to Devoted. Since then, my home has been raided 5 times in the last two days. I think I'm done with this server.
The days of tribal warfare are rapidly petering out luckily. A little late to advise you on stuff but I will if anyone sees this thread and decides to try making a new dorf invasion:
-Reinforce your shit (/nlcg to create a group, /ctr to reinforce with your group)
-Stay in a group
-reinforced Noteblocks and Jukeblocks tell you if players not on the group enter the area

Dunno
Also some other dude from /tg/ who showed up third week on his own named Awildvulpix made a dwarf fort south of the center of the map called Bhuldir
It can be seen on this handy dandy map:
https://dev3map.github.io/
Adam Sandler.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 06:23:35 pm »

Ran a shill thread on /tg/ saturday afternoon and it is somehow still going. What a time to be alive.
The days of tribal warfare are rapidly petering out luckily. A little late to advise you on stuff but I will if anyone sees this thread and decides to try making a new dorf invasion:
-Reinforce your shit (/nlcg to create a group, /ctr to reinforce with your group)
-Stay in a group
-reinforced Noteblocks and Jukeblocks tell you if players not on the group enter the area

Yeah, my chests were reinforced with iron, in a hidden room behind a cobblestone wall in my basement, they still got raided.

Bob_Namg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cream of your Crop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 08:57:28 pm »

Probably some Redditor with xray, if you ever decide to come back and try starting another invasion you could definitely bunk with me or Vulpix or hell even the Reddit town at 0,0 which is run by anti-bandits.
Adam Sandler.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 05:37:37 pm »

This... looks cool. I think I'll join up. I'll be the guy with the WW1 French uniform skin, if you see me.
Wait, is this server dead? IP doesnt work, and the reddit is filled with 'goodbye' posts.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:51:46 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »

This... looks cool. I think I'll join up. I'll be the guy with the WW1 French uniform skin, if you see me.
Wait, is this server dead? IP doesnt work, and the reddit is filled with 'goodbye' posts.

Yeah, it's kinda dead.  There's an option to move to one by the name of Devoted, but there doesn't seem to be too many attracted to playing through on it.  I had tried to kick off something new not long ago, but barely anyone showed up and it died from a lack of players joining.  If we could stir up enough people, I do have an idea for a project we could do...

Hell, you know what, fuck it.  Let's build a Kowloon Walled City suspended ten blocks above the ocean with realistic support structures with staircases that dive below the ocean to access the mines.  I'll create a new thread for it with coordinates so people aren't confused with the original Civcraft.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2016, 11:06:38 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]