Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Immigrants  (Read 819 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
No Immigrants
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:51:00 am »

It has been 6 years since i last got immigrants at my fort. i have had to depend on the same 11 dwarves for all that time (6 are legendary with 2 of them legendary in 2 or more skills) i get all caravans.
(im in a mirthful area)

Accidents:
carps killed 3 dwarves

Mod files:
Mod'd pop cap to 100
mod'd sword damage to 150 with critical of 7
mod'd in a way to make adamantium from iron

Wealth created: 300K
imported: 70k
exported 140k

can some1 help me? im trying to experience late game content but my fortress isn't growing so nothing is happening.

Back to Mafia with me!

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Immigrants
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »

You didn't by any chance modify the baby/child cap as well, did you?  Due to a bug, decreasing it by too much seems to mess with immigration as well.  My experimentation has been limited, by I find anything above 15:150 works like normal, but below this, immigration starts to falter.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »

Ya i did...  :( does this mean i have to regen a world to get it running properly?
Back to Mafia with me!

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

No, just raise your baby/child cap up enough, save init.txt, restart dwarfort.exe (so that the new values are read upon loading), and continue playing.  It might take a game year or so for immigration to kick back in, but it should happen, assuming the baby/child cap is the only thing preventing immigration.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

that was the only problem but i decided to move any ways (10 years of no immigrants kinda killed my eagerness to play that area...
Back to Mafia with me!