Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Text colours when trading?  (Read 2584 times)

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
Text colours when trading?
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:33:00 am »

So, I'm in the trade screen - the humans goodies showing on the left and my trade baubles on the right - and everything is displayed in white or light grey text.  Do a bit of trading, and the wares that have swapped hands now display in brown text.

Nothing new there, right?

'Cept that during my last trading session I couldn't afford everything I wanted and had to wait for the menials to haul in one or two more crates of higher priced trinkets.

This time when I pull up the trade screen, the first couple of items in my list are bright pink!  :roll: )  They definitely weren't of any special quality, or engraved/encrusted, or damaged, or...  I'm pretty sure they weren't items included in the trade agreement, either.

Anyone know what the pink means?  Are there any other colour codes that I've been missing out on?

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Yourself86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text colours when trading?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 07:42:00 am »

Pink or purple means that one of your nobles has forbidden export of these kind of goods. If you trade those items away the dwarf who delivered it to the trade depot will be punished for breaking the law.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:52:00 am »

D'Oh!  How'd I miss that?

Bloody annoying, considering that the goods are selected using the cull by mandate option as a matter of course.  Typical bloody nobles, slipping mandates in after the ball is set rolling.    :(

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 08:12:00 am »

There's only one thing for it.

Shoot all your nobs. Red Revoloution style.  :)

Stephen Ginson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 08:51:00 am »

If you turned hauling off on all other Dwarves except the Noble who forbid the trade items in question, would he deliver them to the Depot and then punish himself?

Yourself86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:18:00 pm »

Hauling to the trade depot is not job related afaik so the only way to get only your noble to haul it to the trade depot would be to draft everyone else into the military.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Yourself86:
<STRONG>Hauling to the trade depot is not job related afaik so the only way to get only your noble to haul it to the trade depot would be to draft everyone else into the military.</STRONG>

Sounds fun.

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 01:39:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowDragon8685:
<STRONG>There's only one thing for it.

Shoot all your nobs. Red Revoloution style.   :)</STRONG>

I like your style, Mr. Trotsky.