Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zombie Ibex Mosh Pile: Halp  (Read 1981 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Ibex Mosh Pile: Halp
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 12:30:37 am »

Not with catapults. Last I checked they don't have friendly fire enabled.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 05:26:41 am »

2) Place cage (you cannot build it, but you CAN put a storage stockpile with it assigned!) under an atom smasher.
This is the second time I've seen you suggest placing a stockpile on a bridge :v Was it once possible or something?

Anyway, replace that step with dumping the cage.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 12:11:55 pm »

2) Place cage (you cannot build it, but you CAN put a storage stockpile with it assigned!) under an atom smasher.
This is the second time I've seen you suggest placing a stockpile on a bridge :v Was it once possible or something?

Anyway, replace that step with dumping the cage.

I am pretty sure I have done exactly this in the past.  If nothing else, one could use a dump zone instead, but the risk of releasing the head accidentally is high.  I will test just to be sure.

Initial testing:  Bridge cannot be BUILT on top of stockpile-- building present. HOWEVER:  Bridge can be designated to be built, then stockpile placed on top of unfinished bridge. So far this has not disrupted the construction of the bridge.

I will try again on the floor beneath the bridge when the bridge is raised.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:24:19 pm by wierd »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 03:25:12 pm »

Can't, because they're both buildings and you can only have 1 building in a tile - same reason placing a stockpile over a workshop takes up only the edge tiles, not the workshop tiles.

Still, since I have few minutes, tried just on both placing stockpiles first when designated and when built and raised:

Stockpiles do not cross bridge but jump over.

There should be no chance of head escaping if you just move the cage, I think.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 03:30:56 pm »

Risk of accidental head release? Just dump the head in its cage over the atom smasher. Both ought a be destroyed
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 10:10:15 pm »

Kruggsmash manages to get his dwarfs to run away from zombies pretty consistently in his evil biome LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXX7Rp0iXj0nX-BrSmK35I8F2902Vf4DQ (Caution if you are sensitive to impolite language ;-) )

I need to pay more attention to what he is doing, but I think the idea is to set up burrows to create an escape route.  Then if the dwarf decides not to run away, they're already dead...  Come back later to deal with his reanimated corpse.
Pages: 1 [2]