Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales from Zuspozsmaksmo: The Wolf General  (Read 983 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Tales from Zuspozsmaksmo: The Wolf General
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:57:48 am »

By the Year 110, since time was first recorded, the entirety of The Momentous Land has endured peace. All except for the center, where the great goblin tribes, united under the rule of Nosin Thiefpoison, waged constant war against the free peoples of the land. Long had the Humans of The Ivory Realms and The Lone Kingdoms kept this threat to peace as their burden, their responsibility. Hundreds of their men and women had met their end upon the pikes of The Fly of Circumstance. But their effort was not for naught, many goblins had met their, well-earned, ends upon the vengeful swords of the humans. Though then alone in that fight, it has not always been the case. The Dwarves of The Barricaded Fountains had been fighting the goblins and the Great Wolf Brute since time's beginning. Only after a Roc destroyed Paddledfortresses (the Mountainhome of the dwarves) in 73, did they begin to disappear. Since then, the humans, with intermittent help from the remnants of the dwarves, stood alone in the fight, keeping the wave of green-skinned hell out of the rest of the world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But in the Early Summer in the Year 111, something happened which would alter the course of the war...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a series of short stories that I'm going to be doing in my personal world. After I finish with legends mode, I will do a few adventurers and maybe a fort or two. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy.

(Disclaimer: All of these people and places are real, these stories, however, are vaguely based on the real deal)

Index:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:06:40 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from Zuspozsmaksmo: The Wolf General
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:59:52 am »

The Wolf General: Chapter 1 - A Baby is Born and a Deal is Struck

In the Early Summer in the Year 111, in the small Human Hamlet of Braveglistens, a woman, after the throes and hardships of childbirth, cried out in aunguish. Her son was dead in her arms. What had happened the doctors and maids did not know. Nedun, the father left the room to get a breath of air outside, or to hide his tears. He cried out against the heavens and to Ligur, Human God of Fertility. Why did they not intervene to help his son. When no answer came he cursed the names of the gods, fell to the ground, and wept. So hard did he weep that he did not notice the approach of a cloaked figure. Only when a gloved hand, oddly shaped, touched his shoulder, did Nedun notice. He jumped up and he reached for his bronze tipped whip. The cloaked figure laughed at the man.

"Why do you weep on the ground like a child whose toy is lost, o human?" the figure inquired.

"Who are you, and why do you demean me after I have just lost my son!" Nedun replied with anger in his heart.

"Lost your son have you? That explains the profanities against your Gods. Not a wise course of action, let me tell you." the figure chuckled, "oh come now, lower that weapon of yours, it will bring you no more fortune than that of your son." Nedun slowly lowered his weapon against his will, as though his arms were moving with a will of their own. "Now sit and let me explain how your son may yet be saved," the figure said to Nedun's astonished expression.

"You can bring back my son?" He asked as he sat as he was bidden. "How is that possible, only the gods hold the power of life and death."

"HAHAHAH!" The cloaked figure laughed hoarsely," Your gods have about as much power over life as you do over that beetle!" The figure gestured towards a beetle scurrying along the ground.

"If so then how do YOU hold that power........ unless you're a Necromancer!" With that accusation He leapt up and pulled his out his whip once again.

"Oh sit down before you hurt yourself, I'm no such thing. It would be demeaning to lower myself to such weak arts. It is about time for me to reveal myself." The figure removed his hood and there was the head of a great white wolf staring back at Nedun, who dropped is weapon and looked on in terror. "Be still human, if I was going to kill you, it wouldn't be here in the middle of a village. You asked me what power do I have over Life and Death? Well your answer is that I AM death, and I hold the power over life. MY terms are simple, I am in need of new servant. I will revive your boy, and you will raise him for four years, then I will send for him. You will never see him again, but he will be alive."

"What kind of a deal is that! I can only have my son for four years! Do you expect me to take that offer?" Nedun ranted.

"Well, I was doing you a favor, your son is currently dead. I don't know much about human customs, but Four years with your son greatly outnumbers the time you will spend with him if you turn me down." Nosin replied curtly..

Nedun was quite for a time. "If I do this, he will live? He will live a life after the four years, you won't eat him?"

"I was never one for Human flesh, prefer dwarves, more meat. But yes, his life will be more eventful than a simple mercenary such as yourself can imagine. Do we have a deal?" Nosin put out his gloved paw.

"Very well, I'll do it" and with that Nedun took the demon's paw and shook it. As he did there was a quick and small rumble, and a flash, when NEdun opened his eyes, the demon was nowhere to be found. Did he dream it? He would've thought so if not for the criesof a baby and joyous laughter coming from his previously silent home. He rushed in, the events of that evening already forgotten as he held his now-alive son, Nathob Deerdawn.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:07:05 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name