Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coolest Bedroom Ever  (Read 1029 times)

DonerKebab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coolest Bedroom Ever
« on: February 08, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

So I ended up with a many levels tall waterfall and gorge in one corner of my map.  After extensive excavation, I ended up on the high plateau where I was able to harvest wood unmolested by wildlife.  Another great benefit, I had the idea of creating a bedroom suspended over the gorge.  This required channeling down, building walls, then floors on the walls, then more pillars on the floor, then a floor on the pillar in order to get "indoor" tiles where I could build a bed.  I finished it off with a nice statue in each corner.  The biggest bonus was when a Dungeon Master showed up and I was able to assign it to him.  What's your favorite room you've created?

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coolest Bedroom Ever
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

I've once briefly considered making a noble's room in the middle of a rounded chasm, but I never went through with it.  If I'd done it, I'd have made it of some precious stone, though, or at least a colorful one.  Alas.
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

DonerKebab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »

It's partly cinnabar but I got lazy with that.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DonerKebab:
<STRONG>The biggest bonus was when a Dungeon Master showed up and I was able to assign it to him.</STRONG>

And let me guess -- next he complains it's too loud and falling apart.

DonerKebab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »

Momuz anmelbil, "Momuz Clodtomes", Dungeon Master

Momuz anmelbil has been quite content lately.  She was flustered by a lesser's pretentious sleeping arrangements lately. (bastards keep electing new mayors) She has complained of thirst (do I have to stockpile the wine directly in her bedroom??).  She slept uneasily due to the noise lately.  She admired own fine Statue lately....She likes werewolves for their howls(!).

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

While not a bedroom, I prefer to give all dwarves good thoughts by making an artificial waterfall with a series of pumps and a diverted river, then carving out such that my main dining room encircles the waterfall a few Z levels from both the top and bottom.  It immediately counts as an extravagant dining room for the dwarves, and you will often see them with messages sort of like "She has enjoyed viewing a waterfall lately" or something similar (Cant remember perfectly what it said, but the dwarves definitely love it).

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

I once built my mayor a bedroom out of clearglass in with the area immediatly around it hollowed out (so it was like a little glass box suspended in air in a cavern, then i filled the area around it with magma. (for clarity there was a passage in and out)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »

Side view:
code:
>=0
<ò|

when i need the relevant dwarf i just let somebody pull the lever.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE