Early Age
- 1 (25%)
Middle Age
- 2 (50%)
Late Age
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(  (Read 30460 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - You'll be fine, honest!
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »

This was a fun game- I did the best I've ever done in Dom4, and I got to cast a late game spell. Sure, everyone had quit the turn I cast it, and there was no way I was going to win, but it was still neat to see it do stuff.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 14, 2016, 06:40:47 pm »

Amending my last post:

I don't think Anvilfolk ever really gave up, despite constant armies rampaging around the countryside and a capital being wished away. It was pretty inspiring, so kudos to you.

Yeah, a disciples game should be fun, and a way to wash that salt off this game scattered on us all. I don't think it even feels much of a victory for R'lyeh. For a disciples game I would prolly go along with Nurir and either C'tis or Micro, heh.

Still, this is not the worst game I'd been in. The worst game had me swear off dom4 for a year.
Sounds good to me.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 14, 2016, 08:07:49 pm »

Speaking of caelum, uh, sorry XD

Remember when your troops got hit by a plague? That was me. You can just cast a spell that takes care of things. I was trying to keep pressure off of Nurir Torir but he had no idea I helped with that.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - Enough Salt for the Winter
« Reply #393 on: October 15, 2016, 07:23:40 am »

I can understand how I caused some bad feelings, I'm sorry for that. Clearly we had some missunderstandings along the way.

I don't consider myself victor, as I really can't do much at this point, assuming the game would go on, I can just sit there and wait for C'tis to make a move, slapping around with more and more horror marks on my Pretender as we go (thankfully the void-gate makes some amazing bodyguards).

Speaking of caelum, uh, sorry XD

Dear god Caelum was the most unlucky of all of you, he got his entire population taken by my wish - twice - as the smallest nation. The chances for that are minimal...

You have big astral mages, but apperently you don't talk to each other to put together a disspell attempt (?)

I made an attempt to unite the land powers after your wishes, but Shinuyama was still fighting with Eiru, and C'tis with me. It's pretty dumb to drop a winning war to fight someone who's said that they're "a non-competitive force." We (Edit: Most of us) pretty much gave up after you swarmed Shinuyama.

Admitly I spent many many messages on ensuring every land nation was fighting another nation and there where no big teamups, both to "balance" power and to get more offers for spells. It worked a little to well and ended up creating a land-lock.

On the other hand as you say yourself, you really did allow your enemies to recover, only for them to attack you again later.

The Army Size graph shows how brutality effective your Communions where.

This was a fun game- I did the best I've ever done in Dom4, and I got to cast a late game spell. Sure, everyone had quit the turn I cast it, and there was no way I was going to win, but it was still neat to see it do stuff.

Just for curiousitys sake, how many gems did you put into that global?

All my globals where cast with minimal gems, except for mother oak which I put everyhing oceania gave me into.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 23 - It wasn't fine :'(
« Reply #394 on: October 15, 2016, 08:59:29 am »

300 nature gems. I converted a bunch of gems into astrals, and those into nature.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #395 on: October 15, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »

Heheheh, it's OK. I think once you get to the point where you know you're never gonna win,you can just do the roleplay thing and not worry about it too much. Never felt like I had many stakes, especially once I realised how much more everyone else knew about the game.

Also, T'ien Ch'i and I had agreements and a relatively tense peace. I'm not sure why C'tis would decide to plague me, allied with T'ien Ch'i or not :P

The thing that totally broke me were the two Mountain Kings or whatever they were, from AI Shinuyama. My mighty army of plagued mammoths could do nothing to them.

I'll skip the disciples game, but might join the next one if the consensus is that it was fun.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 15, 2016, 05:45:32 pm »

It was Eriu who plagued you. Not me, honest!
I've played some mafia.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2016, 06:05:47 pm »

It was Eriu who plagued you. Not me, honest!
Yeah, I admitted it as much, heh.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2016, 09:13:30 pm »

Sorry, not the best at the forum username <-> game nation mapping :P
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]