Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 38a dump designation less efficient?  (Read 958 times)

Coriantumr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
38a dump designation less efficient?
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »

I make extensive use of the dump designation to get rocks and other undesirables out of my stockpiles, farms, and wherever else they end up. I would use stone stockpiles, but instead of grabbing rocks closest to the pile to move into them, they grab seemingly random stones from various places that may not be close to the stockpile, or the dwarf that will be carrying the stone.

However, in 38a I've noticed that the entire process has become much slower. Formerly, when I had a bunch of stones designated for dumping, anyone with the refuse hauling job enabled would go and grab them immediately. In 38a though, my dwarves will grab a stone and dump it, and then run back to the meeting area and wait for several seconds before they go and grab another stone. As such, clearing out my stockpiles is taking much longer than it used to.

I don't know if this is a bug or if it is intentional. I know that I probably don't use the dump designation in the way it was probably meant to be used, but I don't know of another way to move the stones that I want moved to the place that I want them moved to.

Anyone else noticed this?