Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make tokens only specific for child stage?  (Read 562 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
How to make tokens only specific for child stage?
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »

I'm thinking of trying to create a playable animal men mod where you can set up a fort.

I've used Tigermen in the past and I thought it'd be fitting to have them hunt vermin on their own, instead of needing domesticated cats (I'd rather them not have animals at all).

However when I added the [HUNTS_VERMIN] tokens I had issues with adults running to vermin in the middle of a job, effectively ending up with them doing neither, or taking a long time.

This is a problem with adult Tigermen, but it wouldn't be with the children since they do pretty much jack all.

AFAIK there is no clean way to implement child only tokens. I read in another thread that you could use a syndrome with a long delayed effect, this was in regards to complete body transformation (guy wanted to have insect creatures grow wings at adulthood), but I think this would work with token removal too.

I'm still very confused as I've not done much with syndromes ever though.

Are syndromes the best way to do this?
How do I apply the effect and for how long should it last? (childhood lasts 6 years with the modded Tigermen)
Are there any problems that could be caused by this?

Thanks in advance :)
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: How to make tokens only specific for child stage?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 08:48:28 pm »

You basically can't.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: How to make tokens only specific for child stage?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:40:53 pm »

You basically can't.
Well okay then  :(
Thanks anyway.

Guess Tigers will have pet cats... Which seems oddly like slavery.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite