Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are zombie fish still a thing?  (Read 871 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Are zombie fish still a thing?
« on: September 11, 2016, 10:29:24 am »

I have gone through several evil beaches now; the water is definitely 'ocean', and Haunted or Terrifying.  Yet I have not seen a single evil fish.  I have been treated to the corpses of other coastal critters; albatross, giant crocodile, even a few jaguars that strayed in from a nearby jungle.  However; not a single shark, whale, or tuna has crawled from the depths to threaten my Dwarves :(  I am playing 43.03, if that matters.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Are zombie fish still a thing?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:25:45 am »

Ive always thought that fish, specially big ones, in the ocean were rare to begin with.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 01:49:37 pm »

Ive always thought that fish, specially big ones, in the ocean were rare to begin with.
This is true.  Land critters seem to have significant priority for spawning.  Still though, I am occasionally seeing schools of Molly Fin and Perch, but the normal, non-brain-eating kind.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 02:53:05 pm »

Those are vermin, not creatures.

I find that I quite often have creature fishes on embark on a river (more often than alligators/hippos/crocs, anecdotally) - and they like to fight each other.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 06:31:57 am »

I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that undead whales crawling (slithering? flying? walking? flopping? jumping?) out of the sea to attack fortresses were a bug that was fixed (having been an unintended side-effect of making zombies not need to breathe, so that land-zombies wouldn't drown if submerged.)

But now I can't remember where I saw that, so I don't know if it's accurate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:34:05 am by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".