Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apparently my fort is a Human Hamlet  (Read 1332 times)

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Apparently my fort is a Human Hamlet
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:58:35 am »

So, I've made a throne room and my intent is to engrave every 5 years or after every  major event on one of the pillars in the room as a reminder to future leaders what past leaders have dealt with and how they've handled things. In my mind htis is to help give them courage to face great obstacles, inspiration to overcome those obstacles, and a grim reminder to what happens when you don't overcome them. I want the triumphs and failures of leaders recorded in my throne room.

So, anyway, I went to engrave a pillar and went to engrave about my specific site. I go into "Related to site", and type my sites name. Shocked am I to find it listed as a Human Hamlet. I can go in and see my civilization if I enter through the "Related to civilization or other group" option. Why am I listed as being a human hamlet? Is it because I have a tavern with humans in it and/or a glitched human wagon stuck in a 1 wide passage (No idea how it got there. There are even doors to keep things out!)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently my fort is a Human Hamlet
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:15:43 am »

Odd. What does Legends mode say? Would be interesting to check the extent of the bug before reporting it.

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:28:59 am »

Legends shows it as a Fortress.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:44:26 am »

Definitely sounds odd. I assume you've verified the spelling of your site is correct, so you haven't accidentally happened on a site with a very similar name? Also, I assume you've verified your minions are in fact dwarves, and that the civ screen shows your civ as a dwarven one (rather than a human one). Are any of your nobles humans?

I'd check the roof of the passage with the wagon to see if if somehow has managed to fall through into the passage.

Legends Mode info isn't correct for an active site for which DFHack's open-legends has been used, presumably because the site hasn't been properly finalized and packaged up, but doing that implies using 0.43.03 rather than 0.53.05.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:17 pm »

It is theoretically possible for the random name generator to give two sites the same name, isn't it?

It would be absurdly unlikely.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 04:07:38 pm »

In that case, it would list two sites when filtered: a hamlet and a fortress.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 06:12:41 pm »

It is theoretically possible for the random name generator to give two sites the same name, isn't it?

It would be absurdly unlikely.
Large worlds almost always throw up a few duplicate name errors in Legends Viewer, so I guess not too unlikely.

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 02:02:23 pm »

There is only the one site listed in both the engraving details and legends.