Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raw Editing for more options in DF?  (Read 623 times)

Spectre9000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raw Editing for more options in DF?
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:16:39 pm »

There are some things I'd like to add to Dwarves that they can't make/wield currently, and some other tweaks to them.

Weapon Tweaks:
I'd like to make it so that Dwarves can make and wield Halberds (or create a Lucerne they can make and wield), whips, great axes, and mauls. I feel these are dwarfy enough weapons. (Whips open the possibility of taskmasters, which leads me to...)

New Labor:
Taskmaster - would walk around and "encourage" workers to work harder. They could get an unhappy thought, but an efficiency increase. Their "equipment" would be a whip/scourge. They could also stop tantrums.

Eugenics!:
I'd like it so I could somehow remove the alcohol addiction, even if it's a multi-generational process to reduce dependency. I don't know how children inherit attributes from their parents (or if they do at all), but since it seems currently to be a genetic affliction, it would make sense that eugenics would be the solution to the problem. I really need a reason to care about babies. They're just fps hits.

Also, I'd like the option for more theming with leaders. For instance, an edit of raws that would allow a sentient beast/plant to be the leader of the elves, a vampire become the leader of humans, maybe an avatar of Armok becomes the leader of Dwarves (or a Adamantine Man?), etc. Goblins get demons as their leaders, so I think it'd be interesting if it happened more that other things that individual races somewhat revere become their leaders.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Editing for more options in DF?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 06:06:25 pm »

Modding forum would be the place to ask.
Weapons and removing alcohol addiction removal should be easy enough.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:11:47 pm »

This is in the wrong forum but many of these things can be easily changed.

The weapons are easy to mod and create. You can do all sorts of nifty things with weapons in the raws.

You can remove the need to drink from dwarves by erasing I think even a single tag.

The whole turning dwarves into human style slave drivers part is not something that could easily be done with modding. Maybe some sort of modding grand wizard could pull something sort of like this using reactions, DFhack and a load of other convoluted stuff, but I'm personally not sure if this one is even possible. (I have seen modders pull off some pretty crazy stuff, though.)

As for new leaders, we already have things like vampire leaders. Pretty much any sentient creature that can join one of the major civs can end up in a leader position eventually. Vampires commonly end up leaders in older worlds due to their immortality which causes them to develop God like social skills over the eons of social interaction they have with others. This is why you often end up with your dwarves showing up drained shortly after new royalty arrives to your fortress. Never trust a noble, particularly your mayor.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:13:48 pm by Melting Sky »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »

There is an option to move your thread in case you haven't spotted it yet.