Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xorvintaal (Interest Check)  (Read 1965 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Xorvintaal (Interest Check)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 07:10:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 07:23:56 pm »

This wouldn't happen to be based on D&D 3.5, would it?

Ideas, for people who need some: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?303204-The-Truest-of-the-True-A-Handbook-to-non-Kobold-Dragons-(WIP)
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/wn
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20030910a

Character Sheet:
Dragon name: ATHATH
Dragon voice color: Blue
Dragon description: Incarnum Dragon
Lair location: In the inexplicably large catacombs beneath a big city, attempting to learn the secrets of Necrocarnum
Choose two of the following:
Alterate Form
Uses Incarnum (can shape Crown, Brow, and/or Throat chakras (depends on age category) from the Soulborn list)

Note: ATHATH has taken the Ordered Chaos feat, so he has access to LE-only AND CE-only soulmelds.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:26:03 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »

Yeah the concept is from DnD 3.5, it's part of draconic history that rarely gets any attention. I used it once in a free form one-shot as the driving force behind the antagonist and thought it would make a good basis for a forum game. The game itself will not be based on 3.5 rules however, its stat system will be highly simplified.

Furthermore I would suggest against playing a tome dragon. Xorvintaal dragons give up spellcasting when they join the game.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:51:56 pm by Roboson »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 07:54:55 pm »

Yeah the concept is from DnD 3.5, it's part of draconic history that rarely gets any attention. I used it once in a free form one-shot as the driving force behind the antagonist and thought it would make a good basis for a forum game. The game itself will not be based on 3.5 rules however, its stat system will be highly simplified.
Yeah, it sounded familiar.

Furthermore I would suggest against playing a tome dragon. Xorvintaal dragons give up spellcasting when they join the game.
Aw...

Are we playing with Psionics-Magic transparency?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:57:24 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 09:26:19 pm »

Is my edited sheet ok?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 09:57:03 pm »

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 12:27:59 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 03:57:06 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Awesome With Autism

Better to burn up in the atmosphere, than drift in space!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 04:30:04 am »

Hmm let's see...

Character Sheet:
Dragon name: Kanortlas
Dragon voice color: Red!
Dragon description: A red dragon with black lines litterally marking where his skeleton's are, so it looks like he's got a black outside skeleton.
Lair location: Evil looking volcano mountain to the south.
Dragon element: FIRE!
Abilities: Energy Aura and Rejuvenation
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 03:49:51 pm »

Dragon name: Isgon
Dragon voice color: Brown
Dragon description: A Brown Dragon with Grey tipped wings and a Grey underbelly.
Lair location: In a Mountain range that overlooks a large plain.
Dragon element: Stone
Abilities: Deep Breath and Draconic Roar
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 11:16:00 pm »

Give the sheer number of players, I think I'm going to lower the actions per turn to one (plus exarch actions).

Is my edited sheet ok?

Sorry my friend, but for the sake of simplicity and balance I'd prefer you choose from the abilities list provided.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 12:53:40 am »

Give the sheer number of players, I think I'm going to lower the actions per turn to one (plus exarch actions).

Is my edited sheet ok?

Sorry my friend, but for the sake of simplicity and balance I'd prefer you choose from the abilities list provided.
Awwww, you're no fun. :P

I'll remake the sheet tomorrow. I don't suppose a Dragonwrought Kobold would be allowed?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:09 am »

A dragonwrought kobold would make an excellent exarch, but a fairly weak player. You'd lose out on the strength of having a full dragon on your team. That said, they would be capable of performing the ritual to join the game if their had enough true dragon blood in them.
Pages: 1 [2]