Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The verdict?

One pokemon, doesn't count toward vendor limit
One of each, doesn't count towards vendor limit
One pokemon, counts toward vendor limit
One of each, counts towards vendor limit

Author Topic: Nuzlocke Ethics Question: Game Corners (Need answer ASAP)  (Read 756 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Nuzlocke Ethics Question: Game Corners (Need answer ASAP)
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:32:56 pm »

So I made it to the game corner, and I have NO idea what to do since the rules stated by the run I'm doing not only scores you for pokemon owned, but it also limits the number of anything bought from each vendor (max of 5) AND I am given a score based on pokemon I catch, so it matters what I choose to do... Here's the variatn page

There's two ladies at the game corner. One sells pokemon prizes and the other TMs. Do I count the game corner like the Department store and have both as one vendor? Either way, do I get one pokemon or get a max of one each since I haven't caught any of them? The site that listed the nuzlocke variant never said anything on gift or Game Corner pokemon, so I have NO idea what to do here. I have enough coins to get one of each (I want to kill myself after that though...), so do I get one of each and get the 6 points or get one and get myself just the 2 points? I'll throw up a poll just in case you don't want to post
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Nuzlocke Ethics Question: Game Corners (Need answer ASAP)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »

Well, it's a nuzlocke. Ask yourself which option would make your life the most miserable and go with that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:22:54 pm »

Well, it's a nuzlocke. Ask yourself which option would make your life the most miserable and go with that.
Thats the problem. I can go to have more/less potential for score (because this slowly lowers my chances of getting something in later areas) but it could also skew my score to be higher than it should be by the average person. It also could screw my out of getting TMs that I could use at some point (blizzard, thunder and Fire Blast, though I'd probably get the latter two if anything)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »

The rules say no eggs, no overworld pokemon, and no event pokemon. That means you cannot buy pokemon from the game corner.

My reasoning is that intent of this variant seems to be wild, randomly encountered pokemon only fron my reading. A standard nuzlocke might otherwise allow you to take the game corner mon.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:45:01 am »

It doesn't have an overworld Sprite and it's not a legendary which most event stuff is. That's why it's kind of a grey area because it doesn't say anything about he magikarp you can buy before Mt Moon, the Eevee/Porygon thats gifted to you in every game.

Also, looking at it, it says caught, so I don't think I get points for actually getting the gifted or bought Pokemon...