Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where does "It's nice to share a dream sometimes" come from?  (Read 1089 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Where does "It's nice to share a dream sometimes" come from?
« on: August 10, 2016, 10:22:42 pm »

Since you've clicked on this topic, you probably recognize the quote from somewhere. I do too, but I can't remember for the life of me from where I heard it. I think it comes from a poem, or perhaps a slow, kinda-spoken song, but that's about it. I've been trying to search for it or remember it for a while now, but I haven't turned up anything. Do you have a clue where it might come from?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Where does "It's nice to share a dream sometimes" come from?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:59:35 pm »

I have no idea, but consider me intrigued.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 04:06:17 am »

Freddy Krueger movies?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 10:17:01 am »

Is this it?

http://hellopoetry.com/poem/1669788/it-would-be-nice-to-share-a-dream/
No. I don't recognize the poem, and I'm very sure it is "share a dream sometimes.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 02:07:22 pm »

That's a surprisingly rare combination of words. The only one that Google can find that has "share a dream sometimes" as one sentence is... probably not what you're looking for, and there are no results at all for the whole thing. this is the only other thing remotely like it I could find. If that's not it, and it can be found with Google, it'll take someone with stronger kung-fu than me, heh.

That's not to say it isn't out there though. If the search was perfect it would have at least turned up this thread.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »

Could it be this?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:55:19 pm »

That's a surprisingly rare combination of words. The only one that Google can find that has "share a dream sometimes" as one sentence is... probably not what you're looking for, and there are no results at all for the whole thing. this is the only other thing remotely like it I could find. If that's not it, and it can be found with Google, it'll take someone with stronger kung-fu than me, heh.

That's not to say it isn't out there though. If the search was perfect it would have at least turned up this thread.
Could it be this?
Yes! Thank you so much.
Money!