Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Driftwood and Anchovies  (Read 686 times)

takaratiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Driftwood and Anchovies
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »

My Dwarves are hardy Jomsvikings all, I'm sure, but they do not know how to utilize the abundant driftwood on the shore. Any ideas? Also, there's a bait ball of anchovies schooling out in the surf that need to get munched, though I havent figured out how just yet. I did find a random turtle meandering about in my fort three levels below start. Good for him, hardy bugger.
Sharpen your boots, and bludgeon your eye.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Driftwood and Anchovies
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 11:53:00 pm »

I wish there were boats. What's the point in having whales and the like if you can't get out to see/hunt them?
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

takaratiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 12:02:00 am »

Yes! Dwarves riding the prow of boats with harpoons in their hands! Outstanding. To continue the nautical musings, has anyone found any deep water sea creatures? The lowest ocean I've looked in was 6 levels deep, but I found nothing but a sole. Show me the benthic communities...
Sharpen your boots, and bludgeon your eye.

Whiskey_Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »

AH! Life on the sea! I've been looking forward to it for some time, and now here I am, the wind blowing at my face, the whales ripe for... freezing... and... what's that on the beach below..?

OH DEAR ARMOK ZOMBIE COD OH NO THEY'RE COMING TO GET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Seriously. The ocean is full of death waiting to happen. I hope toady considers implementing at least single-tile rowboats for whaling and such soon.

As for your question, I'm in a similar situation. I can't seem to tell them to chop the driftwood down like trees, and the anchovies elude me.

he name says it all.