Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sorting out the mayor  (Read 634 times)

timotheos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sorting out the mayor
« on: July 31, 2016, 12:58:28 pm »

Normally by the third year the dwarves choice of mayor has stabilised and it stays the same dwarf until an accident happens. But my current fort it keeps changing every year. I don't care about the mandates one years worth of stupidity is not an issue. Its the fact I have to reassign the mayoral suite of rooms every summer that is bugging me. I'm up to my 6th mayor in as many years.

How do I get them to pick one dwarf for mayor and stop changing?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorting out the mayor
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:12:39 pm »

I manually replace the mayor with one who doesn't have stupid mandate generating preferences. Naturally, this has to be done once per year, but then the room assignment can stay the same.

I would expect the forum answer to be to engineer "accidents" for all previous mayors, to reduce the chance/risk if that dorf returning.

A third alternative is to make ALL the dwarven quarters worthy of the mayor.

gestahl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

DFHack has an auto assign if you're running it all the time, but I feel like nough things have made it into the game and dfhack takes long enough (for good reason, those guys ork hard) to catch up to new versions that a lot of people only turn it on when they need it.
Cultural assimilation through conquest.
Sure, got a few unburied corpses lying around

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 07:04:46 pm »

You haven't had a dead dwarf found drained of blood have you?
Sounds like the guy you want needs some social skills, remove his labors so he'll (hopefully) socialize more.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 10:10:42 pm »

Iirc, the mayor is picked according to social skills. Next time a caravan comes, smelt some coins, assign your desired mayor as broker and use a macro to run a few hundred trades to boost their 6 trading social skills 3-14 levels (that was with about 500 trades or so).

After that, offer all the coins to caravans because clutter. Unless you want to test out if your dwarves can survive coinstar rooms in current damage calculation situation.