Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building in adventure mode.  (Read 4016 times)

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Building in adventure mode.
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:51:40 am »

So I couldnt find anything on the wiki that really explained the limitations of building in adventure mode, some questions.

1\ If I build a house in the woods can I retire there and when I come back my adventurer will still be there ?

2\ If I build this site up a bit can it become a named site ?

The reason is because in my current world there is a valley in which almost all of the major battles of the realms of man defending against the goblins has been held, I want to establish a village of heroes at the neck of that valley withthe hope of eventually leading bands of heroes to assassinate the goblin king, A goblin who has led 15 wars against the humans over some 200 years.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building in adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 04:09:32 am »

1) Yes, so long as you designate one part as a hall and then 'claim' it. Retired adventurers will be hanging out right where you left them. And curiously if you build a site 20 Z-levels beneath the forest, you still might discover your ex-adventurer roaming the woods.

2) To claim your site you need to name it. So...yes, kind of.

The only limitations are:
- Designating an inn or a temple won't do anything (as far as the world recognising it as a tavern/temple goes).
- If you build a fortress over your adventurer site, you won't be able to go back and continue building later due to the restriction on building over other sites.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 04:27:18 am »

Awesome !!!

Village of heroes here we come !

I'm gonna make a village up near the goblin lands so I can launch raiding parties / attempt to kill their rulers.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:29:12 am by sirinon »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:16:58 pm »

Awesome !!!

Village of heroes here we come !

I'm gonna make a village up near the goblin lands so I can launch raiding parties / attempt to kill their rulers.
goblins can run up and ambush you mid building.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes