Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a date  (Read 864 times)

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a date
« on: July 26, 2016, 01:06:21 am »

for when the "artifacts besides books" update will come out? Ever since my recent failure with that zombie dragon and me being melted, I want to start a new game when this update comes out instead. I'd start as an adventure who hunts for artifacts. And I will collect all the artifacts. So again, any set date that I'm not seeing?

fucduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:23 am »

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:21:38 am by fucduck »

bostltch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a date
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:58:36 am »

Also remember that the really long breaks between updates is what allows for some of the biggest and best mods to come out!

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:11:51 am »

Just relax, pick a seat and wait. I've waited for a whole year once for a single update. It was the best update, sure. But a whole year. Be glad Toady is releasing updates constantly now, but at any given moment, you might have to wait months for anything.
Also remember that the really long breaks between updates is what allows for some of the biggest and best mods to come out!
This.

When Toady works a long time on something, that means the something he's working on is gonna be both big and fucking amazing. I understand being impatient about new updates but the gap between DF2012 and DF2014 was long and I just wanted a new version of DF to come out already so we could move further along in the game's development (and so elves, dwarves, and goblins could actually have real settlements in Adventure Mode). The wait ended up being more than worth it, obviously.

Just enjoy the current version and keep an eye on the devlogs my dude. The update will come one day and you'll forget you even had to wait.

And also, like bostltch said, the longer a version is out, the more amazing the mods become for that version since the mod creators have more time to work with. Go explore some mods if you're already bored with the current version, you won't be disappointed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:13:33 am by BlackMuffin »
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:56:43 am »

SoonTM