Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Royal jelly all over the place  (Read 1194 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Royal jelly all over the place
« on: July 28, 2016, 11:52:13 am »

Got bored, decided to build beehives near the front entrance of my fortress. A while later, I built a kind of stone "Lobby" instead of the entrance just being a stone door in the side of a hill, but while I was building the floor I noticed that there was some royal jelly just sitting around in front of the door, just smeared on the ground. As time went by, even more of it appeared. I also have a pen for animals right next to the beehives, and at this point most of the ground in that area seems to be covered in royal jelly as well.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It's a really minor problem and there probably is no way to fix it, but it still kind of irritates me that there is just random royal jelly smeared on the front entrance mixing with dwarf vomit and I can't figure out why.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Royal jelly all over the place
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 04:29:03 pm »

It's a known bug.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:03 pm »

In the D_init.txt file in your init folder there should be a line like [WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_DWF:NO]. Make sure it still says no. That's supposed to control whether blood and stuff gets spread around.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »

That is already off. Still, even if most of it is from the puddles multiplying that still doesn't explain how the royal jelly appeared to begin with.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 12:14:28 am »

Iirc, harvest materials are only obtainable by death of the colony. I'd guess something happened to colony, or dwarf dropped it.

If dwarves are not cleaning it, you could build (dirt) roads or floors to remove contaminants iirc.