Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Deep Below (Sign-Ups)  (Read 2309 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Below (Sign-Ups)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:59 am »

To my understanding, they allow you to have units that have the benefits of a different race than your base race. So you could have an Elf Peasant work a farm and get 3 food while a Human Peasant worked on a building at 1.5 times the rate the Elf Peasant would.

It basically let's you mix and match races to provide you with different unit options at a cost to your civ creation points.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 07:47:39 am »

To my understanding, they allow you to have units that have the benefits of a different race than your base race. So you could have an Elf Peasant work a farm and get 3 food while a Human Peasant worked on a building at 1.5 times the rate the Elf Peasant would.

It basically let's you mix and match races to provide you with different unit options at a cost to your civ creation points.

This is correct. Furthermore, it will allow any migrants to your civilization to retain their race bonus if they are of a different race.  Which s why I've decided to leave the race bonus on a unit level. It just makes sense that a hungry troll is still a hungry troll if he lives among gnomes.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:50:13 am by Roboson »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 11:21:19 am »

-snip

Your math is incorrect. 4 techs= 40, Units= 45 First subrace= 10. You have 5 points remaining.
Oh thanks.  I thought that the first subrace was 15.  I'll edit my sheet.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 02:20:06 pm »

Are we able to have details about what Merchants and Diplomats are able to do in a mechnical sense? It would be a bit helpful for deciding unit composition.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

Here's a preliminary sheet, in case the Mashakev aren't statted out in time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:37:03 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »

Are we able to have details about what Merchants and Diplomats are able to do in a mechnical sense? It would be a bit helpful for deciding unit composition.

They're both non-combat units like peasants. Merchants can conduct trade with other players and gain bonuses when conducting trade with NPCs. Diplomats are used to contact other players and gain a bonus when dealing with NPCs. Soldier units can also conduct diplomatic and trade missions, but receive penalties for doing so.

I'm going to put together an IC and a players list here later this evening or tomorrow morning. If you want to change your set up, you'll have until the end of the first turn (so if you don't see this and I set up the IC and you want to change a few things, you can still do so before taking an action. With all the changes I've made on this end of things, I should at least give you all time to change your side too.)

The passive on goblins has changed. I don't think anyone was using goblins, so this shouldn't affect anyone.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:36:30 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 10:55:34 am »

The IC is up. Reffer to your PMs before posting.

@RPgeek: Yours is coming up soon.

@piratejoe: Did you get yours? It gave me a weird error message when I tried to send it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 10:57:41 am »

Oh, catmen have a new ability? Not sure if I like it. I may change my races.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 11:31:50 am »

Yeah, keeping track off the original passive looked like it would become a book keeping catastrophe. Plus it was more of an active bonus since it could be used at any time for a major boost.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 12:46:53 pm »

So how is the IC thread gonna work?  Do we post turn actions there, or is it reserved only for PvP contact?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 05:18:02 pm »

You post actions there. The PMs are mostly to keep technology and building recipes secret. If you want to take a secret action, that is also fine, and you can do that via PM. At this point in the game, there really isn't need for secret actions.

UristmcLibash

• Bay Watcher
  • Gaurding guard is guarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »

Is it too late to make a bloody sheet?
Eh,ye want a sig text from me? Well to bad.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2016, 08:22:28 am »

Hey I messed up my notes. If you have mining, you can build a mine (obviously) and recruit a miner. If you have mining, but your sheet doesn't say you can build a mine, please PM the sheet to me so I can fix it in my notes.

Also on research all of the starting tech take 4 turns to research (unless you have bonuses).

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2016, 08:27:40 am »

So for no real reason, I'm not in the mood for this game anymore, dropping out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2016, 11:13:01 am »

Not my usual sort of game (since I end rping by myself), but I'll try it!

Should really update the OP with the changes you've made Roboson, btw. I'm having to randomly search for info in the thread here.

Spoiler: Clan Weald (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3]