Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question about the worldgen implications of releasing demons  (Read 1167 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile

Now that two weeks of history are generated before each game, I am curious to know what happens after the demons have made their way to the surface, in both Fortress AND Adventure mode.

Do they invade your forts in fort mode or do things in adventure, or do they just sort of stick where they are? Is some !!SCIENCE!! due?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question about the worldgen implications of releasing demons
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:28:49 pm »

So far they only stick around the site. It's a way of keeping you from accidentally destroying the world's replayability.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 04:37:59 pm »

If you could survive its onslaught, you could probably kite one back to a large village to incite chaos.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:32:08 pm »

I had a few demons wandering about the surface in adventure mode. They were just the ones hanging around at the time of retire. They didn't stray far from the fort on the world map, appearing as the usual *.

No endless stream of demons, or anything.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SirFinbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 02:39:49 am »

Could be an interesting feature, for the future.

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:41:46 am »

I've tried releasing them, too, in fortress mode. It seems that most of them disappeared after I switched to adventure mode. And the ones that remained don't go very far from the site.

It seems they don't really know what to do.

I've also started a thread on a similar subject: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=153026.msg6495864#msg6495864