Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soylent- DIY recipes?  (Read 691 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Soylent- DIY recipes?
« on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

I'm sure there's a thread on this somewhere, but it's probably at least a year old, so fukkit. I'm looking into getting into DIY Soylent when I get back on campus- ordering the brand-name stuff is more expensive than most college student diets anyways, and the company actually has an app and discussion forums for people who are designing their own versions. There are some reasonably popular recipes such as People Chow. You can make some pretty healthy and very cheap Soylent setups, and concerns about nutrition aside...can it really be worse than what your average undergrad eats? I'm looking into creating a nice, heavy "Baltic Soylent" with buckwheat and a bit of rye flour as the protein base, with ground flaxseed for fat.

[EDIT: Seems it was last posted in last August. That's long enough.]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:58:09 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Soylent- DIY recipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:47:59 am »

Gosh, this is so sad. Here, have some love and my soylent recipe. Dang pricey, but that's protein powder for ya.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.