Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The peculiarities of flight-capable adventurers  (Read 1361 times)

Zyro_Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The peculiarities of flight-capable adventurers
« on: July 13, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »

Flying companions can't follow you unless you're groundbound

I created another pocket world, created a Peregrine Falcon Man adventurer named Ras, retired him, then created another Peregrine Falcon Man adventurer named Kas and got Ras to follow him on adventures.

Ras flies as he pleases, both before and after becoming Kas's companion, but as long as Kas is airborne, Ras stays still until Kas gets his talons back on the ground, at which point Ras fast flies to his side.

I can't fly over forest canopies without leaving Ras behind :(

Fast Travel

Even if you and your cohort (if any) can absolutely fly, you're still not allowed to fast travel across rivers and over mountains, and you don't seem to be able to use any gait faster than normal flying (i.e. Fast Flight, Faster Flight, Maximum Flight Speed) during Fast Travel. I'm wishing it was otherwise...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:43:31 am by Zyro_Falcon »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: The peculiarities of flight-capable adventurers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:17 pm »

Fast travel flying is not really any different than on ground. You can't sprint and you can't travel over frozen rivers or mountains.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 05:06:26 am »

Here's another peculiarity:

I've noticed that my adventurer is restricted to flight speed, even when I'm near the ground. Except when I crawl.

When I try to change my speed of walking, the Shift+S menu is all about my flying speed.

But my flying adventurer got hit by an arrow once, so he was grounded for some time. Then his speed of movement increased noticeably.

When I first tested the flying adventurers, I was a swan man.

Butterfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 10:49:05 am »

n4m3l3ss, Even though it says "flight speed", it still increases your adventurer's speed whilst walking. So it doesn't really affect much, I think.

Terran538

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 03:13:54 am »

I was honestly just about to make a thread about how the Shift+S menu would only talk about flying or crawling for flying adventurers. Does it mean I'm always flying when not crawling, or does it just not mention me walking around?

EDIT: Just noticed that a little FLYING icon pops up in the bottom left when I'm airborne, so I guess that's settled.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:04:06 am by Terran538 »