Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher  (Read 9405 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Diep.IO - The Binding of Baseball Pitcher
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2016, 05:26:32 am »

What the hell are these pink/purple triangles that keep appearing and murdering me?

They just pop up for no apparent reason in numbers too big for me to kill them.

I think they're aiming munitions from one of the evolved tanks.
Nope, at least unless it's one of the lvl 45 evo of Overseer. Overseer's are orange-tinted red, similar to the regular point-shooty triangle.

Purple triangles are spawning NPCs; they guard the central (?) area filled with blue pentagons, so it's a high-risk high-reward area for score. If you see them, run away towards the edges.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2016, 05:47:57 am »

The big pentagons spawn in the center? Huh. Never knew that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 05:56:51 am »

The big pentagons spawn in the center? Huh. Never knew that.
Not sure if it's the center, hence the (?). But they have an area to their own where they spawn the bigguns.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 01:32:05 pm »

Played as the melee destroyer again, and other people started doing it. Finally, I've gotten to experience what it's like to be a squid hunting in a pack. It was really quite fun, except when we accidentally killed each other.

It is still extremely easy to get to the top of the scoreboard, though. Moving faster than anything else means that pretty much any situation can be gotten out of.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

New update, there's a TDM mode now.

Feels pretty fun - I went octo and was providing cover for my team in the pentagon zone alongside topscore Gunner, then one of the guys I was covering upgraded from quad to Octo as well and with a lot of teamwork, we managed to dominate the board for a while.

1HK homing little triangles spawning in the team zones and hunting you down even if you just unwittingly got near is some bullshit, though.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:11 am »

Well... I've come to the conclusion that body damage is a bit OP. You only have to max one damage stat, health stat gains help you grind, and speed helps for running away away as well as attacking. I just didn't change my tank type for the first thirty five levels. Then I switched to overseer to check out necromancer, and got a bunch more kills when people went in close to try and finish me off. I felt a bit cheap after people carefully flanked me and separated me from my meagre triangle flock, for me to just smash into them and instagib.

Sadly has to stop because someone came to the door, but I reckon I'd have got to necromancer, thanks to overseer's long sight and the people pretty much sacrificing themselves to me.

I don't think this is as all-engulfing as agar.io, tbh. Just gets a bit boring quite quickly: once I finish one round, I just feel like doing something else for a bit.
One wheel short of a wagon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 01:40:48 pm »

Playing Destroyer with max bullet speed is fun when nobody buys health. I think I took out two or three leaders and just fired behind me whenever things got hairy. Eventually I out-survived the other leader and ended up on top, at which point everybody started chasing me and my hit-and-run tactics stopped working.

The biggest problem with Destroyer is that you cant reasonably survive in the center.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 04:54:42 am »

I've tried a melee-only build and I've found that it's very fun to play with when leveling up. I've even killed the top player which gave me 12 levels!

The problem is once you've climbed sufficiently high on the ladder. It seems that you can't really catch other players anymore.
I should try staying with a stage 2 tank instead of progressing to the final stage.
EDIT: which stage 3 or 2 tank is the fastest, if anyone knows?

Also, has anyone player the FFA version of the game where you could collect yellow squares and launch them at others? I've only been able to play it at a certain time yesterday, and now this is not possible anymore.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 05:20:47 am »

Bumping bcuz I found it fun-ish for a bit. I went for a melee run putting points evenly into body-health, body damage and health regen for 4 levels in each before then maxing out Health, Regen and damage. I was eventually able to reach lv45 and 1-shot pentagons. By the time I reached the next pentagon, my health would have fully regenned.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 09:32:00 am »

Just do melee points and level bullet speed after that, doing rear guard > tri-shot (or whatever) > booster.

You might have trouble killing the large cannon classes or the aggressive multi-shot tanks that can fire in one direction, but that's all.
One wheel short of a wagon

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 05:06:59 am »

Looks like .io games are going to be the future of gaming ???

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 05:32:09 am »

yes obviously a smallish fad which began a little over a year ago indicates a major new direction in all of the gaming industry

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 08:14:42 am »

Gaming journalism in a nutshell.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 10:12:52 am »

the folly of man
Black lives matter.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2016, 06:02:03 am »

yes obviously a smallish fad which began a little over a year ago indicates a major new direction in all of the gaming industry

You fool, we'll see who's laughing once Ubisoft releases OpenWorldMurderSimulator.io and sweeps the world with innovative, yet inevitably repetitive features!
Pages: 1 2 [3]