Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have 93 caged undead and I want their weapons,  (Read 1413 times)

Sorgklaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have 93 caged undead and I want their weapons,
« on: June 23, 2016, 03:56:34 pm »

Is there any way to reliably murder them, or should I just trade them away? or should I just stick to trying to kill them one at a time?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have 93 caged undead and I want their weapons,
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 04:07:51 pm »

claim and dump all their cages, them inside, and all the items they have.
go to stocks screen, undump the cages.
your haulers should strip them of stuff, and onto your dump tile.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:26:04 pm »

Haven't got the game in front of me, to make sure I remember right, but I have tended to build the cages of item-using hostiles, then 'look' into the built cages for the inhabitant, look at the inhabitant to see their equipment and then toggle all (or a selected subset of) items to dump and then periodically review (the same way, by checking the dump-destination or through the appropriate subsection of the stock-screen) until there's no Dump items left (converted to Forbidden or even unforbidden again). Then I can do what I want with my less-equipped or even completely stripped guy.

(If a target-practice individual, I've built the cage in their targeting chamber, from the start, and stripped them at the same time as I've added the lever-link to the cage, but before shutting them in appropriately and pulling said lever.)

Not as simple as painting Dump over a cage stockpile and then manually undumping the cage, but it is quicker to do than describe and you can easily see what still needs to happen, by the same process.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:52:11 pm »

Mass dump select over all of your caged prisoners (d) (b) (d) and then with the loo(k) tool, select each cage and remove the dumping flag from each cage. Alternatively select the weapons for dumping via the stocks screen

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:34:48 pm »

Just push z and go to your weapons stockpile and unforbid/claim all the forbidden weapons. This works with armor and shields too.

Edit***If the cages are in a stockpile that also includes weapons this may not cause dwarves to re-stock the weapons. What you can do is dump the weapons after you unforbid them and the dwarves will then dump the weapons (which you can reclaim from the dump pile)--and weapons are much lighter and faster to haul than undead in cages.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:41:59 pm by Killgoth »

Dainz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 04:39:09 am »