Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where did all the Goblins go?!?!  (Read 2524 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Where did all the Goblins go?!?!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:37 pm »

Actually, I've got this one too, on all but one region i've genned since .40 dropped, I have had no goblins.  That one region has a lone dark tower next to a river and no other goblin sites at all.  I've done all different sizes and lengths of history, but they just aren't being placed normally.  To emphasise this point, I genned a medium region with 40 civ slots for 10,000 years, and NO goblin civs existed AT ALL.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 10:36:03 pm »

have you seen this lack of goblins with a non advanced worldgen?  regardless of whether you actually tweaked the settings or not maybe the presets are broken now
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Starwing

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 04:01:10 am »

Interesting thing I found; not sure if bug or not. This was done with advanced world generation and tested.

If you want goblin civ to spawn they NEED to have demon leader that made underworld spiral at their dark fortress. Basically for every 5 demon types one "unique" demon leader type is made. This means if you generate large world with 15 demon types it will have only 4 goblin civilizations (Demon 1,5,10,15 will be goblin leader demons) thus very little goblins compared to other races. Since world gen prioritizes civ placement first to place these demons you can also end up with state where not single human civ will have demon deity because all will rule what little goblins there are.

So if you used advanced world generation it could be because you had number of demon types set at 0.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 07:25:23 am »

I created a parameter set to test this, and I did not experience this at all.
Surprisingly, the dwarves were crippled severely, with tons of ruins.
This reminds me of the first world I generated in 0.40.04, where very few dwarves existed and they lived in camps.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

Well, that explains why I had only one civ in one region, but not the others, I always use a lower number of demon types to speed things up during world gen.  However I never set demon types below 1, so that doesn't explain why none of the other regions had any goblins at all.  Like OP I always use advanced world gen because I like my caverns to be open soaring spaces, not cramped corridors of useless pathing-crushing waste.  (I also effing hate vampires, and don't want them anywhere near my damn fortress.)
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 09:48:35 am »

If Starwing's findings are correct (and I haven't tested them myself), you'll still need to increase demon types to 10 or so. While it's true that there is a mix of unique and standard demons, it isn't generated in a predictable 1, 5, 10 pattern. Rather, the unique demons are generated somewhere early in the middle of the other demons, so if you have 10 demon types, they might be demons 3 through 6.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cormack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 10:58:56 am »

They've gone to graveyards everyone...
Yes, I'm gay.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 01:08:15 am »

Try increasing demon types to 100 and see how it goes. That's high enough that you should get immediate feedback about whether its the demons that are your problem. The number of demons shouldn't slow down your world generation much at all.
Pages: 1 [2]