Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quests-Reputation-Companions  (Read 2710 times)

Saratustra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Quests-Reputation-Companions
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:19:48 pm »

Hey everyone,
Just recently I started to play Adventure Mode and I found myself being stuck to a maximum of two companions. I started doing research and found out, that you had to increase your fame - level in order to get more followers. Now my question is: how to increase fame? I asked at the local hamlet,  found out that some bandits were causing trouble, went to their camp and slaughtered them all. When I came back and talked about my recent victory over the leader of said bandit-group. The lord only said generic things like "it was inevitable" and so forth. And I was not able to recruit more followers then before. So my question is: What did I do wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Quests-Reputation-Companions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:23:26 pm »

Tell people about things and tell stories about sites you've done stuff in.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43:35 pm »

Are you playing the latest version? It's odd for someone to respond that way since all the adventurer improvements were implemented.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 01:23:43 am »

You probably had your fame increased anyway. "It was inevitable" does not, by any means, mean nothing happened.

Also, social awareness matters.

Saratustra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 02:53:15 am »

You probably had your fame increased anyway. "It was inevitable" does not, by any means, mean nothing happened.

Also, social awareness matters.

So, I did everything right? Maybe I should have done more quests than just this one to get a third follower....
Also, how do I raise social awareness?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 03:27:17 am »

Go kill a titan then tell everyone about it. That'll work.
Or if you put points at the beginning into artistic skills, go dancing and build a performance troupe.

Saratustra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:46:22 am »

Or if you put points at the beginning into artistic skills, go dancing and build a performance troupe.

-found a roc, killed it. Reported to the local lord. Get praised as a hero a few days after. Still everyone says, that they won´t join me :-/
but thanks for the tip^^. At least I´m a hero now  8) 

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 04:39:22 pm »

-found a roc, killed it. Reported to the local lord. Get praised as a hero a few days after. Still everyone says, that they won´t join me :-/
Did you start with minus points in social skills? Could be that no-one likes you. Are you an unhinged murderer? Try recruiting bandits.
Maybe you're just not asking the right people. What exactly are they saying when they refuse?

Saratustra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 05:05:45 pm »

Did you start with minus points in social skills? Could be that no-one likes you. Are you an unhinged murderer? Try recruiting bandits.
Maybe you're just not asking the right people. What exactly are they saying when they refuse?

I started with average social awareness, so I were able to recruit two people from the start. I don´t know if I am a murderer...well I guess I am, I've killed a lot of innocent people in a town that was at war with the civ I am supporting currently. Hmm I've never tried recruiting bandits. Ill test that tomorrow  8)

They say "With a band that large, what glory would I get". But when I greet them, they say things like "A legend...here? How can I help you Thorigg Bladesinge" or something in those lines.