Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Running the New World Order  (Read 736 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Running the New World Order
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:02:14 pm »

I'm back with my next game. 

The premise is that, in the future, a crazy and insane dictator has conquered the world.  He is now dead.  Now, it is up to you for what happens next.  A council of important business, military, and political magnates must now direct the future.  The first step is deciding who gets to lead next, and what powers he or they have.  There are no rules as to what your political alignment is, but do be warned, the ruling party may be able to make the weak disappear.  I will be using a roll to die format for such actions, but for now, in this council, it is a voting based system.  Do know that you can choose to not attend the council.  That would be sacrificing your opportunity, though.   

Character sheets are as followed:

Name:
Association: (The group you "represent", such as a union, company, or an otherwise important entity.  I'd prefer an organisation, such as a union, a branch of the military, or a company you represent.)
Description:

I will start after at least 5 people show up, although I'd prefer more, around twenty max.  The formation of parties is encouraged to make my life easier. 

I will not allow for coups until after the council has adjourned.   

Right now, you are arriving, and are in a hotel.  Banter is welcomed. 

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Running the New World Order
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:58:59 am »

Google had always been on the forefront of progress, leading the way and forging a path for the rest. This would be no different. It would be up to Google to form a stable government in the wake of Tyranny.

The Google representative strides into the hotel, Google glasses flickering with data

Name: Dan
Association: Google
Description: A Google representative
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:10:20 am by Demonic Spoon »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:56:37 am »

Name: Brendan Kazmalik

Association: Military, Ground Forces.

Description: The overall commander of the former dictator's ground forces right from the start, Brendan is likely to be the greatest strategist and logistician on the entire planet, co-ordinating an army larger and more advanced than any individual nation-state could hope to achieve, and using it to utterly smash the resistance offered by those standing in the former dictator's way.

Now that the dictator is dead, Brendan holds the the monolithic task of ensuring that the state survives, and is willing to commit to that goal regardless of the cost.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:15:11 am »

Name: Zachary Miller
Association: Military, Air Force
Description: The commander of all aviation in the former dictator's since the last one was disposed of six months before the dictator's death. Where the ground forces have logistics, the air forces have supreme control of the skies and can bring a variety of heavy weaponry to bear.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 10:01:36 am »

Name:  Karasu Nikuya
Association: Head of the Gendarmerie-Commisariat
Description: Every self-respecting Dictatorship has a tool to supress the masses and sow fear in the own military to prevent anyone from getting any fancy ideas. Nikuya is the Colonel of the Gendarmerie-Commisariat. A mixture of exactly both, they serve as Political Forces on the Frontlines, keeping discipline among forces, they serve as Military Police in occupied regions and finally as a form of not-so secret police. The Gendarmerie-Commisariat is thus not very well liked by anyone in the state, a reputation as butchers, as cruel lapdogs of the dictator, there to ensure the absolute authority of the dictator, they now find themselves without a master. Undoubtetly useful to any new dictator, the men of the Gendarmerie are aware of their more than precarious situation within the new government if they do not find a new patron.

Karasu is very much a product of this Department. Where other parts of the Dictatorship have Titles like "Savior of Bucharest", "Hero of Kamtchatka" or "the Mountain Bear", he has aquired a number of accolades and titles more along the lines of "Butcher of this" or "Hangman of that". Nikuya is known for two things: his cruelty and his loyalty to the dictator. As such he has been left adrift by the Dictators death, especially with no designated heir or last order he has nothing to latch on. Time will tell how he and the Commisariat integrate into this new regime.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:03:21 pm »

Heh, nice lineup we have already.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 02:44:48 pm »

Name: Lucas Mannerston
Association: The Treasury
Description: Even insane dictators need someone to balance the books, and Lucas Mannerston was that man. Every penny taken in tax, printed, or seized washes through the treasury, on it's way to be passed on to other departments desired by the dictator yet finalised by the quiet, unknown, and mild-mannered figure of its first minister, Mannerston.
Over his years as one of the most important officials in the state, Mannerston personally built up his domain - the vast, faceless, bureaucracy of the treasury - in such a convoluted and careful manner as to render himself as indispensable as possible to its function. Time will tell whether this precaution was wise.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 03:07:32 pm »

Name: Ben Urich
Association: The Press
Description: The press is an organization of newspapers and reporters working together for free speech. They are a powerful entity that has the power to ruin people, or the power to bring fame and fortune to someone.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!