Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Transport Troubles  (Read 621 times)

NecrosAmartolos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Artifact Transport Troubles
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:49:44 pm »

Just to preface:  this is my first time playing DF in a while, so I may be overlooking some really easy solution. 

One of my dwarves created an adamantine amulet artifact, and I thought it would be fun to make a really elaborate treasure room.  Obviously this requires moving the artifact from the workshop it was built in- which is where I run into trouble.  The dwarves just aren't touching it, and the item isn't forbidden.

I'm not allowed to dump the artifact.
I've tried making all kinds of stockpiles, mostly finished goods specific to "amulets," "adamantine," and quality levels.  Even making a general finished goods stockpile doesn't result in anything.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Transport Troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:26:58 am »

Has the workshop already been linked to a stockpile? Remove any links and see if that works.
Otherwise you could always try to dismantle the workshop, let the dwarves take the amulet to the generic finished goods stockpile, and then set your finished goods stockpile in your treasure room to accept legendary artefacts as you did before, and set that stockpile to take specifically from the previous stockpile.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*