Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automating Soap-making  (Read 1870 times)

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
Automating Soap-making
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:04:51 am »

I've gotten pretty far in automating the production of soap using the new conditional work order system, but I've run into a couple of snags I'm hoping someone might be able to help with.

First, when automating making ash bars, I set it to check if there's 10 bars of ash or less. If there's less, make more. The problem is that there are two "ash" materials in the list of materials for bars. What's the difference between the two? From what I can tell, the second one was the one that met my needs, but it still leaves me wondering.

Second, I want the soap workshop to start making a bar of soap when both lye and tallow are available. The lye is no problem, but the tallow... when I choose the item "liquid" and then bring up the "tallow" materials, it shows a list of every possible kind of animal tallow in the game. Is there a way to just choose "all/any"? I thought about checking which animals were indigenous to my region, but I never know what's going to spawn (found myself surprised when a hunter came in with a black bear corpse at one point).
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Automating Soap-making
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:57:02 pm »

The automatic conditions on reagents/materials and products (r and p keys by default) will fill in those for you almost always correctly and get you the correct ash too (burnt wood vs logs of ash tree).