Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf  (Read 868 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf
« on: May 15, 2016, 11:35:51 pm »

It's been a while since I last played. And on looking at the collection of old files I have downloaded, I noticed this file: "TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf". This PDF is 628 KB in size and is 14 pages long. (BTW: The file creation date is February 13, 2013, 7:07:22 AM. Though, I would not trust the accuracy of that. Indeed, the original filename may have been just "TheList.pdf" as I tend to append file names with a better description.)

As you can imagine, it's a very detailed list of changes. It is vaguely similar to the v0.34:Release information page on the wiki, but it is much, much more detailed than that.

I was curious to see if there was an updated version of TheList which detailed the changes in v0.40 and v0.42, etc. But in reading the PDF, one does not find a link, a name, or even a date. There is nothing there to even hint at where it came from or where I found it.

So, I tried a Google search for the file name: "TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf", which was almost entirely irrelevant to Dwarf Fortress. So I tried "TheList" and "Dwarf Fortress", but still came up empty. I finally tried [ TheList .pdf "Dwarf Fortress" "0.34" ], but I still couldn't find this file. I even tried the PDF Search Engine and searched DFFD for "TheList"... and nothing.

On a hunch, I searched inside "LazyNewbPack Advanced [0.34.11] [V15].zip", as I suspected it came from a Newb pack. But I couldn't find it there, either.

Anyway, I'm writing in the hopes that someone reading would recognize this and tell me where it came from, as it's bugging me now.

Here's a very short excerpt:
   -> Raws
  • Entity positions are now stored in the raw folders, allowing for custom positions through modding, as well as editing existing positions as you see fit
    • These include the new military positions
  • Attributes have also moved into the raws, allowing you set all sorts of values such as how fast an
    attribute increases
  • Many objects - trees, plants, stones, etc. - now have material lists in the raws
    • Some raws have been merged, such as trees/plants, and stones/metals
  • A region's raw files are now stored in their respective save folder

I would share the actual file. But as I don't know who wrote it or where it came from, I hesitate.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »

At first glance, it looks like the fan-maintained Google docs here and here. Google searches for phrases from your quoted excerpt mostly seem to lead to a site called facepunch . com . (Those changes should be for 0.31.01 though, not 34.01)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TheList (Changes in 0.34.xx).pdf
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 10:52:17 pm »

Thanks for those links!

Yeah, it does sound like my mystery PDF must have come from that fan-maintained Google docs location. It seems these get changed as newer versions come out. And Google docs does allow viewers to download as a PDF.