Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm tired of rocks on my stockpiles  (Read 560 times)

Norrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I'm tired of rocks on my stockpiles
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »

Like the title says, rocks on mah stockpiles are starting to take up too much space and are becoming annoying. Is there a way to get them off besides making gi-fecking-normous rock stockpile that distracts dwarves from their real duties?

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tired of rocks on my stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:00 pm »

Mark them for dumping. Use the 'I' key to mark a zone (ideally next to a chasm or lava pit) and set it to accept garbage. Your dwarves will toddle by, pick up the stone, and drop it into the garbage zone.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

my strategy for cleaning up the massive quantities of rocks:

build an indoors rock pile of whatever size

build a pit nearby (that has a ramp leading down) and use 'i' like the above poster said to mark the edges as a pit

put refuse pile at the bottom of the pit

when the stonek pile gets full designate all the stones in the stone pile to be dumped (so tedious! but unless you do some macro thinga, this seems the easiest & fastest way - there should  be only one stone per pile tile, so designating them all to dump is pretty quick - except for the fact that you make the dwarves haul the stones twice - but I like to build large, cavernous halls and sometimes deep & winding pits and it is annoying designating 2-3++ stones on each tile for dumping - at least until toady adds in the dumping fields ala the claim/forbid fields)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 12:08:00 am »

pump lava into the area.  or make your trash pit floodable with lava.