Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big Motherfucking Crab Truckers (PRELUDE: THE DARK DEVOURING EARTH)  (Read 2082 times)

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
  • NOW I AM ONE WITH THE COSMOS
    • View Profile

This is a sample campaign, set some years before the current story. I hope to expand on the mythology as well as introduce many concepts in play.
REMEMBER:
EACH CRAB IS A MOTHERFUCKING TRUCKER AT HEART, CHILD OF GODDESS AND MEAN AS FUCK.
ALL THE CRABS SWEAR LIKE MOTHERFUCKERS. EVEN THE PRINCESS.
THEY'RE ALL BAD-ASS CHAMPIONS OF CRAB-KIND IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER AND ARE WELL RESPECTED. RP APPROPRIATELY. I LEAVE MOST OF THEIR VOICES UP TO YOU GUYS. DON'T FUCK ABOUT.
Currently I have it as
lawastooshort as : Diamond Jackson
snow dwarf: "Maya" Jagruti
My Name is Immaterial as : Billy "Bastard Dynamo" Badman
Xantalos as : Adrika Aadvansh
Maegil as : Judge Justice Bob
probably, but feel free to discuss it

Maja chooses the truck, is the leader and commands the team. She should work together with the team and ask what they want, but ultimately it's her job, her life, and her decision.
Bob is the nominated paladin. He has responsiblities. He can push stuff all the fuckin' way back with his fuckin' big metal crab hammer
Diamond should shoot stuff a lot. Choose the right weapon at the right time. All crabs can only hold 1 thing in each claw, and swapping around takes about half a turn.
Adrika and Billy are lifters/combatants and are mainly for support and rescue. Adrika = Guns, Billy = Melee

INTRO
About 100 years prior to the current timeline, Crab Mountain is investigating a series of truck disappearances. One of the researchers, Maja, becomes upset and dissatisfied with the lack of answers, and resolves to take matters, and the lives of the missing crabs and cargo, in her own two hands (claws).
   She assembles a team from Crab Mountain, and they set off to find god knows what, shadows, superstition, rumours and half-truths, but maybe, if they're successful. they'll find the crabs and bring them home safely.
The mission is to find out what happened, bring an end to it if possible, create a report, and to recover as many crabs and cargo as they can.
The crew Maja has assembled is:

Billy "Bastard Dynamo" Badman L3 F2 D1
Olive Shelled, Chilled-out Surfer Dude

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Stone Cold" Diamond Jackson D3 L2 F1 Silent and Calm Red-shelled Sharpshooter

Adrika Aadvansh L3 D2 F1 Crab Princess Orange-shelled Passionate Princess

Maja "Maya" Jagruti D3 F2 L1 Researcher
  Desperate Maroon=shelled Special Resarcher

Judge Bob Ironshell "The Hammer" Justice F3 L2 D1
Trusty Aquamarine-shelled Judge

TRUCKS

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: BMFCT : Sample Campaign (PROLOGUE: THE DARK DEVOURING EARTH)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:50 am »

I want the motherfucking flamethrower truck.

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:57 am »

BACKGROUND: ROYALTY

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 10:43:53 am »

HOW THE TEAM SHOULD WORK IN BATTLE

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 11:19:31 am »

HOOOONK! HOOOOOOOOOOOONK!

"COME ON, you miserable fat asses, are you going to come aboard or are you going to fuckin' run after the truck?!"
Hanging off the truck's cab, the judge seems impatient. "Fuck, I'm not getting any younger here and trouble's a-brewing elsewhere, get a move on!"

((So which truck is it? Do I have to transfer my personal stash five cases of sarsaparilla bourbon to another truck?))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 11:34:05 am »

((the truck with the motherfucking flamethrowers!!))

((is my vote))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 11:36:28 am »

((Funny that you should say that, it's where I put my personal stash.))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 05:57:51 pm »

You guys can choose any trucks, you can get a chance to change em halfway through.
HERE'S HOW THE TRUCK CHOICE AFFECTS YOU
Heavier trucks are less maneuverable and slower, and therefore need to be defended more during tricky driving.
Lighter trucks are very maneuverable, delicate and fast, they just need to be defended long enough to get on the road

A little bit of maths show that your combined strength is about 20 in any stat, if you all work together.

HOW TO ASK ABOUT STUFF
  • Is X is in reaching distance? How many turns/how long will it take to get there?
  • Can I make it to Y, pick it up and throw it at X within 1 turn?
  • Can I hit X? What are my chances? Do I stand a good chance of killing it?
  • How long will it take the truck to X? Will enemies reach the truck before then?
  • Which enemies are closest? Which enemies pose the biggest threat?
  • Can the truck do X? What if one of the crabs does Y?
  • What enemies are nearest to my crab? Which crabs are most threatened by enemies?
  • Can I reach this crab or enemy or object in time Will I be attacked?
  • If I defend Y, will I be attacked by X?
  • What will X say if I try to Z?
  • What kind of thing would Y say? What would happen with X?
  • What would Y say to me? How shall I write Y's interaction?
Note to all players: Intelligent enemies will learn your tactics and try to subvert them. Always keep things fresh.
EX
An example is using a blinding light on a group of enemies: from a distance, enemies will scatter from a group formation, and spread out. The same is true of explosives.
If you use it as a surprise from up close, all the enemies will be blinded in a group, and you can launch a melee offensive more effectively.

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GAME BEGINNING: ON CRAB MOUNTAIN
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 10:22:05 am »

>The game starts on Sacred Crab Mountain.

>All the crabs are assembled there by Maya.

>She wants to investigate what has been causing crabs and trucks going missing all-over the wastes, with seemingly no trace.
She thinks her best lead is to ask around some bars in the desert, where rumours of extremely dangerous creatures are spreading.

>To this effect she requisitioned Judge Bob Ironshell to protect her team and truck, and commissioned Billy "Bastard Dynamo" Badman to be the team's Lifter to get them out of trouble and make sure the truck stays on the road. They were both honoured to be chosen for this dangerous task, and consider it a deep sign of respect that they were chosen because of their abilities and reputation.

>Princess Adrika specifically requested to be allowed on the crew. All the high-ranking crabs respected her decision as princess to undertake this dangerous cause voluntarily. She drunk a lot in a leaving party, and a lot of Crabs wept. She said goodbyes and put her princess business in order.
   Still, whatever has been taking/destroying those trucks and crabs might easily kill any of them. She knows that and doesn't intend to die. She just wants to come home again safely, but she can't live at home whilst her brothers and sisters are missing, or in danger.

>They only have about 100 trucks left in crab mountain, and it's been slowly dwindling for a long time. Adrika figures this is a good chance to check it out without risking whatever supply they have.
   The last 100 trucks are super limited and barely allowed or taken out of Crab Mountain. Without continuous foraging for resources in the wastes, all of Crab Mountain will surely not survive. The trucks are the lifeline of the Crabunity, and she must protect it.

>Now, Diamond is a vain crab. He enjoys shooting real good. He likes to be a professional. He likes to get drunk and shoot, too, says it makes him feel quick and slippery as a cunt.
   He figures a roadtrip like this is a good-time. Getting drunk and blowing shit-kicking fiends away with his guns for fun. So he volunteered after Adrika, thinking, saving crabs and getting drunk and killing shit with a princess is a pretty good gig. Maybe he'll get a career as a Justice or something if they does a good job. He never liked paperwork.

>The 5 of them, Maya, Diamond, Billy, Adrika and Bob, are assembled at the truck loadout point, where all crabs prepare their trucks for going out into the wastes.
   The trucks are expected to truck through waste, desert, glacier and more, all on long journeys with little or no hope to get aid on the road, all the while carrying heavy crabs, cargo and equipment.
Therefore crab-kind stockpile resources in forays with the trucks. They are little better than bandits or raiders, except that they do not kill innocent folk.
They always remember the way Crab Goddess raised 'em, and every crab has private and intimate conversations with her.
(see "Prayers")

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory/Kit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The trucks layout (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Using doors (click to show/hide)

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LEAVING CRAB MOUNTAIN
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 02:52:01 pm »

>The crew of Crab Truckers are about to roll off onto the verdant plains of the Sacred Crab Mountains, which stretches off into the clouded heavens. They decide to pass around some communal drugs and have a vision quest. They take glowing shrooms which taste bitter but make you see all sortsa shit.

>Deep in communion (they're high as fuck) they see a vision of the Crab Goddess:

>As wide as, and as tall as a house, Crab-shaped, and shining with radiant and sparkling light. When she looks at you, you feel a shiver down your back, and your pincers tremble. Your tiny eyes bulge a little and your mouth gets wet.

>She speaks to you from a glowing column of light in a sweetly serene voice, that nonetheless resonates with violent urgency:

>"Okay you muthafuckers, listen the FUCK up and stop playin' around.
Git your fuckin' act together and git on the fuckin' road. Quit playin' aroun' here. I ain't fucking playing with you, un'erstand? This ain't no motherfuckin' game, goddamnit! These are your brothas and sistas and I know you can bring them back.
I need you to do this bunch of important shit for me, okay?. I know you can do it, because you're all fine and excellent crabs and I trust you, my lovely children. Go with motherfuckin' grace and find out what the fuck is goin' on."

>The teams rolls out and soon leaves the patch of dying grassland that surrounds Crab Mountain. Every year, the grass recedes a little more and the wastes encroach. They quickly enter the desert and the arid air makes you all thirsty and dry. The harsh sun beats down on the truck and heats the inside.

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RAVINE
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

>The teams rolls out and soon leaves the patch of dying grassland that surrounds Crab Mountain. Every year, the grass recedes a little more and the wastes encroach. They quickly enter the desert and the arid air makes you all thirsty and dry. The harsh sun beats down on the truck and heats the inside.

You are on one side and need to cross to the other

>You come to a small ravine that scars the dusty landscape.
Above, clouds float idly in the brilliant blue sky. The whistling wind hisses, all around in the embrace of the ravine.
Huge dirt boulders as large as crabs are littered about.
Small heavily-feathered mutant birds are sitting here and there and watching you interestedly.

>Before you is a winding road, leading to the ravine floor.

>You look disbelievingly at the narrow and winding fucking road that drops away and vanishes in front of you. Huge fuckin' spiky rocks jut from the ground everywhere on all sides. The road descends so sharply, you can't see how steep it is from behind the steering wheel.

>The road makes a 180 descending turn, followed by a gentle slope, 3 times, all carved out of the cliff-face, leading from top to ravine floor.
The difficulties of navigating down it are:
180 cw corner (5)
slope (4)
180 ccw corner (4)
slope (3)
180 cw corner (5)
slope (4)

>It may be difficult to drive down, but if it is guided down by a crab on the outside, for example walking in front of the truck, the driver will have a smoother course, like -1 to challenge rating, or a chance to catch the truck if it falls. There isn't room on this thin road for a crab to stand next to the truck, but he could reasonably pass by on a slope where it rises above the truck.

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Big Motherfucking Crab Truckers (PRELUDE: THE DARK DEVOURING EARTH)
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 08:54:18 pm »

---