Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Special RPG like gear with passives  (Read 811 times)

LocoRojo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Special RPG like gear with passives
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:42:27 am »

Is it possible to Make armor that is made Out of Special Gems or some Special metal that gives the wearer increased movement Speed or a burn on attack ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Special RPG like gear with passives
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:43:26 am »

Yes, with a dfhack script called item-syndrome for armor and spatter-add for weapons.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LocoRojo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:55:25 am »

Yes, with a dfhack script called item-syndrome for armor and spatter-add for weapons.

so only with dfhack ? Because I was thinking of making some mod(never modded df before) that adds in metals, some workshops and then some sort of list with equipement they could Make.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:02:16 am »

You don't need dfhack for most of those features, but the resulting armor won't have "magical" properties without dfhack scripts, it'll just be normal armor within the parameters the RAWs let you set.

Start by modding in some new metals, and be able to mine those and use them as normal. It's the best place to start. Then go for making new reaction and/or custom workshops. You can use the existing custom workshops and reactions that go with them as the basis.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:06:24 am by Reelya »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »

item-trigger is the new script for both of those.