Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bronze Colossus  (Read 4262 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Bronze Colossus
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 03:01:26 am »

So migrants. Yeah you can imagine how well that played out. But if you tought that they all were slowy slaughtered by the colossus you are wrong. There were 5 or 6 guys in that wave (my fort is almost at population cap) and one of then was a ranger with a quiver filled with steel bolts, turns out that a crippled colossus is very slow, and that steel bolts are good at fracturing bronze. Welp that's that. Whoever this is still less humiliating that being decapitated by a bunny trown at your face.

Wait, so is it dead?
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Mister McNope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 09:15:09 am »

So migrants. Yeah you can imagine how well that played out. But if you tought that they all were slowy slaughtered by the colossus you are wrong. There were 5 or 6 guys in that wave (my fort is almost at population cap) and one of then was a ranger with a quiver filled with steel bolts, turns out that a crippled colossus is very slow, and that steel bolts are good at fracturing bronze. Welp that's that. Whoever this is still less humiliating that being decapitated by a bunny trown at your face.

Wait, so is it dead?
Yep, all it took was one random Human Lasher that was guarding the human caravan to cripple it and a Ranger with steel bolts to finish it of, worst part is that he died just after I had completed the trapped airlock system to trap it.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:17 am »

Whips are notorious for killing bronze colossuses easily. The weapon is just too strong.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 03:28:28 am »

How strong?
too strong

Whips are Titans.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

targetdroid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bronze Colossus trap
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 05:10:14 am »

I haven't faced a bronze titan yet, but my plan if one ever shows up is to have built an entrance with a multi Z level deep moat with an extending bridge that crosses that moat. Also a drawbridge further in for stopping the titan's pathfinding and movement into the interior of my fort.

When the titan reaches the extending bridge over the moat, pull lever to open the bridge and drop the titan into the moat. He may survive, but he won't be a danger anymore (other than to job interruptions from dwarves frightened by him), and I can use him as a permanent live crossbow training target, since he shouldn't take any damage from wood or bone training bolts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 07:15:26 am »

Are you sure bronze colossii are going to fall when you open the bridge? They ought to be heavy enough to jam it so nothing happens when you try.

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 12:24:31 pm »

FUN is arriving at your fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓