Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.43?  (Read 966 times)

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.43?
« on: May 13, 2016, 02:33:12 pm »

I've noticed people talking about the new manager system, so I go to look and it turns out Toady One pumped out a new version without me even noticing. I have an old 0.42.06 save file that I've spent a long time on, including the start of a castle, and I was wondering if .42 is compatible with .43 because the manager rework sounds VERY nice to have.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.43?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »

It should be compatible. The reason for the version bump is basically a result of ticking off a few items on Toady's 2700 (or whatever it was) point item list caused the version number calculation to tick over. The differences are new ways to control existing processes rather than new ones, so upgrading ought not to result in you missing out on anything. There's some detail added for adventure mode which may or may not be available, though.
I'd save the current save and copy it to 0.43.02 and try it out. I'd probably wipe all the current orders and recreate them using the new or old system as appropriate.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 0.43?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:42 pm »

With the rate of progression in how Toady & Co. are squashing bugs on mantis (3rd party bug-tracker Here) , with some optimistic thinking there should be another bugfix edition on the horizon by probably the end of the month or sooner if we are lucky and lots of prevalent bugs are already squished if you keep track of it by a day by day basis with rapid work.

Glaizier fix confirmed for 14.03 Rejoice! GLAIZE ALL THE THINGS!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:18:57 pm by FantasticDorf »