Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: newbie graphics question  (Read 553 times)

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
newbie graphics question
« on: May 07, 2016, 02:30:53 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've made myself a pretty decent tileset (which I may share soon). It got me interested in making some graphics for some of the inanimate objects. I like to have my animate being letters scuttling around in a more realistic-looking background.

The wiki seems helpful, and I checked in my LNP folder for some models. Pretty intense.

My question, which I can't get from the wiki, is: why do graphics sets come with raw/objects? The raws don't look any different than the vanilla raws. Do I need these in order to set a new graphic for, say, socks? Are they just there in order to undo other modded raw/objects?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: newbie graphics question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 02:41:42 pm »

Vermin, buildings, plants and tools have tile numbers in the raws. The raws might look the same, but there is a single number different in each entry, selecting the proper tile from the tileset.

Socks for example are hardcoded, but there is a dfhack plugin called TWBT that the StarterPack and some mods use, it allows you to rewrite EVERY tile for ANY item. But you have to read through the thread to understand how it works, look at some examples.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::