Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uh-oh. One of my favorite maps got F'ed.  (Read 963 times)

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Uh-oh. One of my favorite maps got F'ed.
« on: December 17, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

Version F'ed that is.  Seed 1205746126 has been one of my most successful locations, but if I've just typed it in correctly then it no longer behaves the same.  There were a LOT fewer rejects, which leads me to believe the map will look quite different.  We'll see... it's offloading units at the moment.

Detritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uh-oh. One of my favorite maps got F'ed.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »

I once had that too. Spybot S&D was running a check on background. Tried to generate a world from familiar seed again after pondering about it a while, and after it had finished scan, and it worked perfectly fine. I checked the seed number more than enough times to be sure I was typing it correctly.

I haven't had time to play recently, so I'm two versions behind. So could be that too. Just felt like sharing.  :)

Optimist drowns in a half-full tub.

Gnomechomsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »

World generation did in fact change between versions e and f.  Gotta find new seeds.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Detritus:
<STRONG>I haven't had time to play recently, so I'm two versions behind. So could be that too. Just felt like sharing.   :)</STRONG>

You're not alone; I am now three versions behind as of F.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

version f worked wonders for my seed  :)

It corrected the problem with kimberlite not spawning, thus rearranging the minerals and giving sand to my previously sandless map.

Previously I had been editing kimberlite to spawn in clusters and getting sand, now kimberlite naturally spawns in veins as it was supposed to and I get the sand without any raw editing.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link