Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: holy **** adamantine anvil!!!  (Read 1909 times)

puffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
holy **** adamantine anvil!!!
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:42:00 am »

and it only weighs 80 units   o.o

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: holy **** adamantine anvil!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:45:00 am »

I've got one better.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Darktongue Breakbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:45:00 am »

That's pretty sweet!  How much is it worth?

puffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:46:00 am »

4.3 million o_O

Darktongue Breakbone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 02:46:00 am »

nvm.  I can see it's worth on the screenshot.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 02:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Darktongue Breakbone:
<STRONG>That's pretty sweet!  How much is it worth?</STRONG>

Mine? I dont have the save from the game, but Im guessing around 1.5 million. Not worth more than the anvil in moneys, but in combat...

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 04:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>

Mine? I dont have the save from the game, but Im guessing around 1.5 million. Not worth more than the anvil in moneys, but in combat...</STRONG>

wouldn't even need bolts, adamantine + artifact.... wonder how many map tiles away on the world level you could punt stuff with?

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 04:34:00 am »

try to get some masterpiece adamntine bolts to use with that xbow :) BOOM DEAD
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Tayrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 05:08:00 am »

Hey, cool! I got a similar anvil last week, but mine's plainer and is worth slightly less.

Strangely, both anvils have the word "pregnant" in their name...

[ December 17, 2007: Message edited by: Tayrin ]

Nos3y

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 07:05:00 am »

Tayrin, apparently the person who made it, or the anvil itself was raped by a stranger , and it's water is getting close to breaking. Have fun with all your Adamantine Toy-Anvils.

Blaidd_Drwg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:12:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>

Mine? I dont have the save from the game, but Im guessing around 1.5 million. Not worth more than the anvil in moneys, but in combat...</STRONG>

Mmm, my troll from ADOM would beg to differ. He loves smacking bad guys around with anvils.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nos3y:
<STRONG>Tayrin, apparently the person who made it, or the anvil itself was raped by a stranger , and it's water is getting close to breaking. Have fun with all your Adamantine Toy-Anvils.</STRONG>

Toy Anvils? Are you saying that because of the weight? Remember, adamantine is ridiculously light; it's a full size anvil right there.

Adamantine's density, by the way, is 0.200 grams per cubic centimeter. It should float in water!

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

steelabjur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »

No, he's saying the spawn of said anvils would be Toy sized. Because they're "pregnant" anvils.   :p

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Nos3y:
<STRONG>Tayrin, apparently the person who made it, or the anvil itself was raped by a stranger , and it's water is getting close to breaking. Have fun with all your Adamantine Toy-Anvils.</STRONG>

Between the name and the description, I'd guess what actually happened was the dwarf who made it got a human trader drink and knocked them up.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

quote:
<STRONG>

only if youre using it as a club.  ranged weapon damage is determined by the projectile, but bow material does change its blunt damage.